Follow Up

georgeinsc

Elite Member
Follow up to the post about the L with the gold heart that i found a week ago.

Today i took the ring to the jeweler. She examined it carefully and said that it was 14k white gold with a nice pearl surrounded by a halo of small diamonds

So My Xcal was not lying to me when it said that i had gold under the coil.

Notice how well it fits my little finger. Sorry about the lousy pictures.

Attachments

• DSC01030.JPG
    DSC01030.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 383
  • DSC01031.JPG
    DSC01031.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 342
Another great save, George. I know nothing about pearls, but if they put it in a ring of diamonds, it must be a nice one.

Test for a real pearl

Was the test to rub the pearl across your teeth and if it felt coarse (not smooth)
it was a real pearl.

Just make sure you don't have false teeth.

Awesome. Beautiful ring

Was that in a South Carolina fresh water lake? I might be visiting next week!

Came out of the wet sand at a salt water beach. Be prepared for lousy visibility. Three feet visibility in my area is considered outstanding The further one goes away from the coast the better it becomes. Gave up diving because of the lack of visibility Three years in Puerto Rico spoiled me. .

Came out of the wet sand at a salt water beach. Be prepared for lousy visibility. Three feet visibility in my area is considered outstanding The further one goes away from the coast the better it becomes. Gave up diving because of the lack of visibility Three years in Puerto Rico spoiled me. .

I will be in inland lakes. I learned to dive in Okinawa. I know what clear water is. I sure know spoiled!

Oh the problem was that the hallmark denoting the gold percentage was worn slick. I had to use 20x loupe to see what appeared to be a 4 K. Jeweler just verified what i thought i had. I also had them straighten the ring just in case some one falls in love with it.

I will be in inland lakes. I learned to dive in Okinawa. I know what clear water is. I sure know spoiled!

I remember how clear the ocean was in Okinawa. Made a 9 months Westpac tour back in 60-61 on one old amphibious ship. Could see the bottom quite a ways below the hull of the ship while tied up.

Back
Top Bottom