ENDED 24 hour hunt contest, Win a Morgan Dollar, or a merc!

Will there be another thread where you do two posts? One of your finds (for the merc) and the other post is the write up? That way the "clicks" dont get confuzzled. lol

Will there be another thread where you do two posts? One of your finds (for the merc) and the other post is the write up? That way the "clicks" dont get confuzzled. lol

Yes I think that is a great idea, you can post on each thread, one with your write up and one with your trash. I'll start both threads here in a couple of days!

I will also post pics of each coin when I get home tonight. I have my hunt mapped out, hope you all can join in.

Sorry I've not posted in a while, I've been working crazy hours, anyways it's on! Good luck and HH!

Yes I think that is a great idea, you can post on each thread, one with your write up and one with your trash. I'll start both threads here in a couple of days!

I will also post pics of each coin when I get home tonight. I have my hunt mapped out, hope you all can join in.

Sorry I've not posted in a while, I've been working crazy hours, anyways it's on! Good luck and HH!

Utah, what you should do is post the threads on June 9th, the day after its all over so no one gets a headstart on likes on others who are digging later in the week.

Some of you read my post in the general forum on a 24 hour hunt freindly competition. I want to sweeten the pot a little, I'll mail a Morgan dollar to who ever participates and then has the best write up (not the best finds). I'll also give away a Merc to who ever has the best metal trash find!

Here are the rules:

Hunt any consecutive 24 hour period from 12:00 AM June 1st through June 8th 11:59 PM. This way you can work it into you schedule. I'm planning on hunting from 5:00 am to midnight on June 3rd.

1. You can hunt anywhere that is legal.
2. You have to follow the Metal Detectorist's code of Ethics.
3. You have to post photos of your finds including trash. Lol
4. The best write up wins, not the best finds.
5. You have to hunt harder than normal (if you usually hunt for an hour, you must hunt for 61 minutes minimum.
6. On your post you have to include the date, what time you started and total amount of time you hunted.
7. I'll pay shipping to anywhere in the US, if you live overseas and win we can make arrangements for shipping ( I have no idea what it costs, if it's reasonable I'll pay it, (like less than $10 US)
8. Set a goal. Mine is I am going to try to hunt for more than 16 hours, I'm also going to hunt places I've wanted to but not had time.
9. Poor Spelling and grammar DO NOT COUNT against you, ( see I can't spell and that should have said "does not count against you" I think.
10. Humor does get you extra credit.
11. Winner will be determined by popular opinion of members by number of thumbs up clicks they receive.
12. You pick the day and once you start hunting you have 24 hours to hunt. Thus means that you could start at 6:00pm Friday and hunt until 6:00 pm Saturday.
13. Open to all experience levels, experts too!
14. Have fun and be safe!
15. If you want in just post affirmatively below!

Please feel free to PM me or post questions.

I look forward to so funny and exciting hunts and write ups! Good luck

I would do this but at 60 yrs old I don't think I could swing my AT Pro for 24 hours straight even with the 5x8 coil but it will be fun to see the results and see who wins

I'm currently deployed with no break during the 1st to the 8th. Maybe a break after the contest is over so if there is a break, I'll try to take some pictures but it won't be for a while until I cant post them! Good luck to everyone. Such a cool contest :yes:

Ok here are the prizes. 1881 O Morgan for best write up and a 1942 S Dime for the best trash post. These are the coins I will mail out to the winners.

I am opening a threat for each category. Please review the rules. Remember this is just for fun. The winners will be determined by the number or thumbs ups received. You can enter both if you like. Remember to note the date-dates you hunt and the approximate times and total hours. Photos are a must and have fun, and hunt harder than you normally do. I will close the threads to submissions on June 9 at midnight Mountain time. Voting will close on June 12 at midnight Mountain Time and I will announce the winner on the 13th. Please don't vote until all entries have been received.

Coins:
23024E04-D32F-45F6-A256-99553A758FF3-1006-000000C1CB11137F_zpse8ae84bc.jpg

C383909C-E612-4CC6-8050-2CF65CF65565-1006-000000C28974526A_zps6939ee2d.jpg

Good luck!

Well im back from AC and dont have anything to show for it. Had a little to much fun my first night and paid the price. :( no detecting for me.

Back
Top Bottom