DFX pads wearing out

Brian in TN

Forum Supporter
Ive had the DFX now for just over 3 months (and freakin love it) and have managed to wear out the little pads under the display where it rests on your hand. Can I get a replacement set from Whites? What about a modification to put something custom there instead? Anyone have a tip?

Thanks. Brian

Whites will send them to you free. They sent me new pads for my cuff and my detector was 2 years old. You could use self sticking foam door seal. I just noticed on don't even have them on either detector any more. Rob

I got tired of replacing them with more foam pads. I use the "loops" from adhesive backed "hooks & loops" tape. I am still on the originals and it's been over a year.

In honor of Cliff Claven... Here's a little known fact... Velcro was an invention that was made possible from a fellow that noticed the shape of the burrs that were getting stuck in his dog's fur.... The word Velcro is a mixture of two words... Can you name them?

Well since Velcro is a registered trademark, I used the generic "hook & loop", in case there is an attorney amongst us. :D

Back
Top Bottom