bottle age please

Tom_in_CA

Elite Member
A friend of mine's daughter found this bottle washed up onto the beach. It had a tattered un-dated love letter type note inside, that she was able to fish out.

Sorry, nothing in the pix for scale, but it's about the size of a perfume bottle.

Any have a date range of this type bottle ? Thanx.

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

I would say maybe early 1900's? I can't see the seam from the mold in the picture so it's tough to tell. But that's how you can get an approximate age on bottles. What did the handwriting look like? HH!

thanx guys ! Tomorrow I will post pix of the note that was in the inside.

Hey guys, I guess it's hard to tell on "cutesy" bottles like this (perfume bottles). Because EVEN TO THIS DAY manufacturers try to make them look curvy, vintage, old, etc.....

The friend tried to fish out the notes, and unfold and un-roll them. But they were sort of brittle and faded. Anyone recognize this stationary with the anchors bordering the outside ? Or does the prose and writing style indicate anything for age ?

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

Poor thing! I wonder if she ever got together with Ry in the end? Yes, looks like modern chick handwriting on a refrigerator notepad. And she put it in a cool vintage style corked bottle for dramatic flair. Was the white paper note in there as well? Maybe two friends tossed it together.

Back
Top Bottom