• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

38.2g of golden goodness!

sandgroper

Elite Member
So for my last school holidays, dad and I decided to travel to Western Australia's goldfields to do some prospecting for gold (to the place we camped was just over 1000km, or 620 miles from home). We stayed for approximately 10 days near a friends place, who lives in an old homestead which was built in 1896, however, we slept some nights in the bush and a few at the homestead.
Overall, we had some pretty amazing finds including 38.2g of gold, most of which I found by myself with both the GP Extreme and the GPX 7000. Dad also found quite a bit of gold.
I also got permission to do some metal detecting around the homestead (with my Xterra70 and of course the Pro-Find 25) and found $13.15AUD as well as a 1c and 2c coin (these coins are still commonly found, but were withdrawn from circulation in 1992). I was really hoping to find some old coins at the homestead, considering it was built in 1896, and was very happy to find a 1922 Australian florin (which was withdrawn from circulation in 1966) and an 1896 English Sixpence and an 1885 English Shilling (which I think were used even before the Australian shillings, pennies etc.)
And of course, I dug up a bunch of shot gun shells, bottle caps, pulltabs, bullet fragments, pieces of wire...

Attachments

• better resize gold.jpg
    better resize gold.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 948
  • resized good rubbish.jpg
    resized good rubbish.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 935
old coins

It took me awhile till I found some nice coins keep at it and it will pay off!

Envy you on having that kind of opportunity! Congrats on your finds

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom