In Memory Of
Forum Supporter

Attachments

• Dog Tag.jpg
    Dog Tag.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Awesome work SD!

I found a more modern one and am not sure what to do with it.

Yours is a great find, and great in the return attempt!

I have a couple I want to return as well although not nearly as old I don't think...

Very cool to try though...

<°)))>{

well, congratulations
I don't want to sound a smarta** but a dog tag found in a lake and in a country of origin like yours, to me looks like it was a bit of a ritual - a burial...

In italian MD community we find many of these - one per month for sure.
We do research on the internet, we do what we can, at least report that the dog tag was found to sites like: find a grave, ancestry and similar.
This summer there was a great story! KIA soldier son and daughter from the USA were contacted and came to visit the place where it happened (Ghothic line)...
It's all in pictures maybe i will search for the post, if interested.

Anyway my suggestion - you have soldiers info. Do your research and if no relative is found, you lay the tag were it was.

well, congratulations
I don't want to sound a smarta** but a dog tag found in a lake and in a country of origin (like yours), to me looks like it was a bit of a ritual - a burial...

In italian MD community we find many of these - one per month for sure.
We do research on the internet, we do what we can, report that the dog tag was found to sites like: find a grave, ancestry and similar.
This summer there was a great story! KIA soldier son and daughter from the USA were contacted and came to visit the place where it happened (Ghothic line)...
It's all in pictures maybe i will search for the post, if interested.

Anyway my suggestion - you have soldiers info. Do your research and if no relative is found, you lay the tag were it was.

I can tell you for sure it was lost and not a burial. With all the silver coins I have found from the same era at this spot it was lost. He died in 1999 and not even close to this lake. I will get more information after I hear from his son. I understand what you are saying though.

Thanks for all the replies. Still no answer at his sons home. I might make a road trip to Detroit soon.

Back
Top Bottom