• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Good mercy chinese detectors

I guess I'm to old to change or old enough to remember...

I'll stick to american detectors (and cars even if they have X brand parts);)

Here's a china edition of guess what, $ 399...Notice the coil,And the wire inside the rod.Claims to push multiple frequency.

Attachments

• Swarm-400-GPS-Metal-Detector-8f842f72-9ea4-49be-bd12-ff50cb0a62e1_320.jpg
    Swarm-400-GPS-Metal-Detector-8f842f72-9ea4-49be-bd12-ff50cb0a62e1_320.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 599
Snap On Man

Ya , me to, kinda kreep's me out knowing those part's, and or machine's could have been built knowing, that they could have been- put together with someone infected with that killer virus , i was in Bjs last week , and picked up a product , looking were it come from China , gave me the kreep's , i hope it doesn't come down to mask's, and suits' with latex glove's here , as far as for my heath , everything from China is Bad News :shock::yoda:

Ya , me to, kinda kreep's me out knowing those part's, and or machine's could have been built knowing, that they could have been- put together with someone infected with that killer virus , i was in Bjs last week , and picked up a product , looking were it come from China , gave me the kreep's , i hope it doesn't come down to mask's, and suits' with latex glove's here , as far as for my heath , everything from China is Bad News :shock::yoda:

You brought out a genuine concern others have asked about so I did a search and found this -

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) (Frequently Asked Questions)

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html

one of the questions/answers from the above link:

Q: Am I at risk for COVID-19 from a package or products shipping from China?

A: There is still a lot that is unknown about the newly emerged COVID-19 and how it spreads. Two other coronaviruses have emerged previously to cause severe illness in people (MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV). The virus that causes COVID-19 is more genetically related to SARS-CoV than MERS-CoV, but both are betacoronaviruses with their origins in bats.

While we don’t know for sure that this virus will behave the same way as SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV, we can use the information gained from both of these earlier coronaviruses to guide us.

In general, because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures.

Coronaviruses are generally thought to be spread most often by respiratory droplets. Currently there is no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with imported goods and there have not been any cases of COVID-19 in the United States associated with imported goods.

Information will be provided on the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) website as it becomes available.

Do not purchase chinese detector coppies

Don't purchase any product directly from China! Buying something made in China from a legit retail store locally is different. Also, be aware that when you use a credit card to purchase items from any of these thugs (buying directly), you are giving away your account information to the world! Another thing is that you may never receive what you order (or take months) and there isn't any recourse! If you do receive the item, good luck returning it or getting any support, when you find out you've been ripped off.

On a funny note; read the policy, shipping and disclaimer information on their web sites. Their wording is hilarious!

I don't know about the rest of the world but I am sick of China. I hope tesoro hasn't gone to China?

ain't never heard of a chinese tesoro,but if they do exist, they probably do more than just detect for metal! ehe! heh! he!

(h.h.)
j.t.

this is true! china is infiltrating our food markets with as much we will take from them! make sure your produce is grown here or you may be risking your health!
health is sacrosanct,money should never rise above that level!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Don't purchase any product directly from China! Buying something made in China from a legit retail store locally is different.

Also, be aware that when you use a credit card to purchase items from any of these thugs (buying directly), you are giving away your account information to the world!
Another thing is that you may never receive what you order (or take months) and there isn't any recourse! If you do receive the item, good luck returning it or getting any support, when you find out you've been ripped off.

On a funny note; read the policy, shipping and disclaimer information on their web sites. Their wording is hilarious!

Good points !

The recent posts in this thread shows how easy it is to manipulate and brain wash someone.
The chinese are coming the chinese are coming... and they are filling the grocery shelves. So make sure you wear gloves and blow your nose 3 times.

I'll second that motion.....

3rd it...not necessarily a Garrett, but any USA made detecting product. I might add that at least MINELAB offers a military discount. It would be interesting to know how many forum members chose an 800 over the 600 because they could get one for about the same retail price, with their discount. Or just how many veterans chose a MINELAB detector over other models, because they could afford one with their discount. Thanks MINELAB, for supporting our Veterans and our Military! And thanks to the American manufacturers for providing jobs! I have purchased from both.
:my2cents:

Last edited:
My previous post was about piracy.

Please don't conclude from that that I'm some sort of flag waving Yahoo who refuses to consider purchase of anything except US products - I guess I wouldn't buy very much these days If that were the case!

I had French made detectors, I've had British detectors and Australian detectors,- and I'm very likely one of these days to purchase a detector made in Turkey. When the day comes that a Chinese company decides to design and build a detector that interests me at an attractive price I would consider purchasing it as well.

Competition is good - it promotes innovation and progress.

I agree with both of Rick's post about chinese knockoffs.

I deleted the following paragraph because it is too political and I know the Admin would have deleted it.

Back
Top Bottom