Garrett's new waterproof pro-pointer! WANT.

No need, as its only YOUR imagination getting the better of you again

"I would imagine they reverse engineered a TRX to gain the depth the propointer never had"

Just like -

I would imagine going on a hunt with you would certainly be a fun day out ;)

Hey toad, we get it. You hate all this American gear that is too expensive to import over there. I for one am sick of you jumping into every thread to voice your hate of the machines. You don't like it, don't buy it. Otherwise kindly shutup.

Hey toad, we get it. You hate all this American gear that is too expensive to import over there. I for one am sick of you jumping into every thread to voice your hate of the machines. You don't like it, don't buy it. Otherwise kindly shutup.

I wish he'd actually go metal detecting one of these days. You can't break anything if its in your closet wrapped in towels so it can't get dusty.

All of this competition in the pinpointer market is good for us. I am just glad to see each company trying to one-up each other. The pricing seems to be going in the right direction as well.:D

All of this competition in the pinpointer market is good for us. I am just glad to see each company trying to one-up each other. The pricing seems to be going in the right direction as well.:D

Exactly! Well, good and bad...it makes it much harder for me to make a decision on which one to add to my arsenal.

If something isn't patented it can be copied. For that matter China reverse engineers plenty that is patented:shock:

China is NOT bound by copyright laws therefore can copy anything they like - legally - that's probably why so many western corporations manufacture their as opposed to fighting out patent/copyright laws in an easily swayed court -

I would imagine that Whites have patented their TRX so to imply that Garrett has 'reverse engineered' as you put it/copied that design as that would be illegal -

For someone likes of yourself to imply Garrett have stolen another companies design, then that is nothing sort of slanderous even if it is your imagination running wild -

Please let me repeat this again - China is NOT bound by copyright/patent laws and to think everyone thinks the western corporations went there purely for the slave labor sweat shops.:laughing:

Reverse engineering, I seem to remember one of the very popular pin pointers having battery terminal issues and a very recent import having the same. One also had an issue of falsing and the other did not. one would sense all metals well and the other does not. If I were to want to copy and reproduce a product I would try to pick one that was solid in its function. Not only are the reverse engineered copies bad but their reverse engineering seems to need help also. I think Garrett will get up off their back sides and this time will produce a highly functioning product that will have that copy cat crowd trying to figure out the new technology for years to come.

thanks for clearing that up;)

Who's this "we" & get your hand off it dreamer -

"You hate all this American gear that is too expensive to import over there"

Imported over 35 metal detector from the USA in the last three plus years and I hate American gear - What piffle -

Show us these examples of me jumping in voicing my hate for the US machines you speak of? - that will prove you are full of it -

Don't go around telling people to shut up based on your imagination sunny - If you have proof of what you are accusing me of then bring it, otherwise sit down and shut up - plenty of storytellers around here -

Oh yeah pop back if you have something legitimate to bring to the table instead of whats racing around in your phat excuse for a head - I look forward to your unsupported reply FW

Sounds like too many opinions out on a device that has yet to be on the market. Why not wait until it hits the market before passing judgements, too much speculation and conspiracy theories flying around ruffling feathers for no reason. Many people have had success with Garrett products others have not I can only say from my experience I am pleased with my units and when I did have a pinpointer problem they made repairs no questions asked which now a days customer support goes along way in my book. I'm intrigued by this unit and am willing to give it a try before saying anything negative. Everyone has their brand favorites,just like sports teams but before making allegations against some companies integrity you better have facts to back it up. Remember this is a friendly forum and we are here to share our personal experiences with one another and answer questions one another have about products based on our experience with them not speculation about them. There's my two cents on the topic.

My original pro-pointer that I waterproofed works just fine and dandy.... once these die I would buy one, but won't splurge on one as my $10 fix works just as good!

Definitely about time they did something, it's the only thing they've got going right now. Big let down (IMO) on the ATx release. Hope they've got something to rival the CTX soon.

Sounds like too many opinions out on a device that has yet to be on the market. Why not wait until it hits the market before passing judgements, too much speculation and conspiracy theories flying around ruffling feathers for no reason. Many people have had success with Garrett products others have not I can only say from my experience I am pleased with my units and when I did have a pinpointer problem they made repairs no questions asked which now a days customer support goes along way in my book. I'm intrigued by this unit and am willing to give it a try before saying anything negative. Everyone has their brand favorites,just like sports teams but before making allegations against some companies integrity you better have facts to back it up. Remember this is a friendly forum and we are here to share our personal experiences with one another and answer questions one another have about products based on our experience with them not speculation about them. There's my two cents on the topic.

I believe the gripes are directed at their faulty Garrett Pro -Pointer which has been proven to be an ongoing issue worldwide - Yes Garrett customer service is incredible and will have your pin-pointer fixed up no questions asked, however that's fine & dandy if you live in the USA - shipping both ways internationally kinda swallows up a fair chunk of change - especially if you have to do it more than once for the same item -

I agree with you that Garrett make great products, however with their GPP they seem to have ignored the ongoing problem with the unit at the manufacturing stage, but they do repair them when sent in .......

IMO that's the crutch of the issue people are raising and legitimately so - I certainly DO NOT want a unit that is going to start falsing a few months after I purchase it no matter how well I am told their customer support will take care of you .......That little/big issue of the GPP's falsing is the only reason I see people being cautious in reference to Garrett's NEW waterproof unit and rightfully so .............. 6 plus years with no improvement on their faulty GPP would have any potential customer worried -

Sure I cant wait for the reviews myself however its the longevity the GPP has issues with so I doubt that initial reviews will paint an accurate picture -

By the way I love Garrett products

FYI: I spoke with Garrett earlier today and they said that the new Propointers would begin shipping sometime in the first week of February. I hope that's accurate. I'm getting the itch to start digging.

Looks neat but it isn't something I would need. The ones I have are fine. :grin:

I was just wondering if adapting it to fit in a carbon fiber shaft to pin point while wadding would work? In vibration mode. I was thinking of trying it.

FYI: I spoke with Garrett earlier today and they said that the new Propointers would begin shipping sometime in the first week of February. I hope that's accurate. I'm getting the itch to start digging.

I still find it bizzare how similar the release of White's TRX and the release of the Garrett's new pointer is working out. Someone gives a ultra vague post saying they have one, but with no details. Then January comes around following the fever build up, and then there's a more precise ship date of February, which has happened now with the new GPP.

It's like there's a textbook method on how to release a new product. Question: "Why hasn't there been some key, well known detectorists been endowed with one of these new pointers to test and report?" What positive sense does that make?

I'm not impressed the the buzz or the release. It better be all it's cracked up to be out of the gate or release will fail miserably.

I'm not impressed the the buzz or the release. It better be all it's cracked up to be out of the gate or release will fail miserably.

Why would it? The GPP is the #1 pinpointer in the world. Ever heard of the AT-Pro detector? How popular is it? That was plagued with flooding issues and complaints after the first batch went out. Looks like it recovered pretty dang well. In fact, I think its their #1 selling detector and probably one the top seller in the USA.

No, I don't see the GPP-AT failing miserably even if it has some glitches out of the gate.

I see alot of competitors out there now chomping at the bit....

4 years ago when I first started detecting it appeared to be the propointer or nothing for an independent hand held unit.

We shall see....

February?? Dang it! I think I'm high up the list of first pre-orders to ship out but I guess I better wait to sell my black one I was about to list. I don't think I can go a month without detecting, or rather a month detecting without a pinpointer.

Back
Top Bottom