ENDED Scuba's win a Carrot Contest

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
New contest for all that have donated to Friendly and have helped keep this website going.

Rules are very simple hopefully.

1. You have had to make a donation to this site. If you don't know how look for the donate button at the top. IF you have made a donation and do not have a badge, put that in your guess. If you win and a donation was never made, you will be disqualified and you won't get your vegetable.
NO vegetable will be given to someone that wins and then donates or donates after they guess.

2. This contest starts April 1st and entry ends April 20th at midnight eastern time.

3. THREE guesses per person and NO changes allowed after April 20th
THIS RULE HAS CHANGED. You can make THREE GUESSES.

4. Your guess will consist of three parts. Dive, Karat and Weight in Grams.

Here is how it will work. I will start diving sometime the end of April to the first part of May. I will record each dive I make, one tank is a dive and lasts around 3 hours.

So not even I will know how this contest will end. The first dive I find the first gold on, whoever has guessed the dive #, the karat of the gold and closest to the weight will win. You have to be right on the dive number and the karat. You have to be the closest to the weight.

To make it easier, I find 10, 14, 16, and 18K gold mostly. I have only found one 22K piece. My smallest ring was .04 grams of 10K. My largest was 34 grams of 10K. I have only found 5 pieces of 16K. This place has surprised me with lots of 18K rings. From small a bit over 1 gram to huge 22.5 grams. And if it takes me over 5 dives to find my first piece of gold, I would guess something is wrong with my machine!

If I find gold on a dive and nobody has guessed the karat or dive number, we go on to the next dive until someone has the first two numbers right.

Where I am going to do a lot of hunting when I start is where I went last year.

So format your guess like this please:

DIVE # ____ Karat ____ Grams _____

Winner will receive a brand new Garrett Carrot from my favorite sponsor on this site Meyers Metal Detectors. Winner will have to pay shipping to their place of choice and you will coordinate that with the owner Phil.

REMEMBER this starts APRIL FOOLS DAY!!

IF something isn't clear please feel free to ask questions or comment before April 1st. Thanks

Attachments

• 05propointeratgallery-1_1024.jpg
    05propointeratgallery-1_1024.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 706
Last edited:
Simple Huh Dee? Wow! Way to go! Who the hell do you think you are dealing with here? Steven Hawking? You must be a real hoot at Mensa meetings or ComicCon! Simple my @ss! Too many astronomical variables involved to even hazard a guess! Let alone coughing up to support the Forum!

What if you get arrested and thrown in the slammer pulling Q's at "All Wed" park Tomorrow? Then what are we apposed to do??

I swear Dee, you could freak up a one car Funeral as the hearse driver! Tell you what, cut your losses, just bite the bullet and send me that damned old Carrot! I'll trade you Uncle Ricos Time machine...:laughing:

In the Spirit of civility and appreciation of your effort...pencil me in for 2/10/4

Simple Huh Dee? Wow! Way to go! Who the hell do you think you are dealing with here? Steven Hawking? You must be a real hoot at Mensa meetings or ComicCon! Simple my @ss! Too many astronomical variables involved to even hazard a guess! Let alone coughing up to support the Forum!

What if you get arrested and thrown in the slammer pulling Q's at "All Wed" park Tomorrow? Then what are we apposed to do??

I swear Dee, you could freak up a one car Funeral as the hearse driver! Tell you what, cut your losses, just bite the bullet and send me that damned old Carrot! I'll trade you Uncle Ricos Time machine...:laughing:

In the Spirit of civility and appreciation of your effort...pencil me in for 2/10/4

I would love to pencil you in Mud but it doesn't start till April 1st. You sure are brave to guess an even 4 grams though at only 10K. That will work if I get a light signet. Certainly not a class ring!

If I get arrested at the ALL WED park, I probably can bail myself out! Might have to ask for donations on here myself though!

Does it matter when you donated, obviously I am a supporter (who can't make his own witty rank statement) it has been a while since my last donation:lol:

Does it matter when you donated, obviously I am a supporter (who can't make his own witty rank statement) it has been a while since my last donation:lol:

As long as you have the badge all is good. I can't ask the owner when each member contributed. It has been probably a year or more since I gave them half a clam.

Scuba.....
Do we post guesses in this thread, or are you going to start a new thread, for "guesses only" ?

Also, should all three guesses be made in one post, or in separate post ?

Scuba.....
Do we post guesses in this thread, or are you going to start a new thread, for "guesses only" ?

Also, should all three guesses be made in one post, or in separate post ?

This thread will work. Three guesses any time in the 20 days. PLEASE EDIT ONE post to contain the three guesses!!

GREAT questions!!

Contest Guesses

Guess #1 = DIVE #1 Karat 18 Grams 6.75

Guess #2 = DIVE #2 Karat 18 Grams 6.75

Guess #3 = DIVE #3 Karat 18 Grams 6.75

Guess 1 is: Dive #1......Karat 18......Grams 8.45

Guess 2 is: Dive #2......Karat 18......Grams 8.45

Guess 3 is: Dive #3......Karat 18......Grams 8.45

Last edited:
Guess 1 is: Dive #1......Karat 10......Grams 3.8

Guess 2 is: Dive #2......Karat 14......Grams 9.7

Guess 3 is: Dive #3......Karat 14......Grams 7.9