Etrac Help

hawgdawg

Forum Supporter
OK , here's the deal . I'm at the beach , stuck here for the weekend . I've got my detector , Etrac , the stock battery , no charger . I don't have the double A battery pack . So I need to know what amp or volts the battery charges at with the stock charger . I have a different charger I can use that charges at different voltages, If someone has this info , I might get to detect this weekend .Thanks all .

Hope this helps...

10430419_10155089852905635_6935812757745552837_n.jpg

This is mine, I take NO responsibility if you smoke yours...

Cool , I have a charger that says it puts out the same voltage as yours , instead of 100 ma its 1000ma . So I guess it will work , maybe just a slower charge rate . I appreciate the info . if it fries it , no problem , I'll get one of those RNB batteries , or whatever they call it . Well , I will be detecting this weekend . Thank you .

If your charger says 1000 mA that's 10x the charge rate of the stock battery recharger so be careful. The batteries are rated for a certain max current but I don't know what that number is.

By the way the RNB pack is awesome, I have it and it was well worth the money.

Ok , thanks for that info , i will just use it for a quick hunt and not leave it unattended , and not stand to close during charging time . Thanks again.

The rechargeable battery packs have a PC board in them that acts as a current limiter. You will be fine using a charger that has a higher current rate but the pack will not charge any faster than normal.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom