What would a fair price be for this lot of brand name silver?

stewart73

Forum Supporter
Probably going to list this lot of brand name silver jewelry on the Bay and wanted to know what people thought would be a fair price. As you can see the condition varies from excellent to poor. This would be great for somebody who can restore and resell jewelry. All pieces have been tumbled to remove the sea crud from them but no other attempt at restoration or polishing has been made. All pieces are genuine Tiffany, Gucci, Bulgari, or Hermes and are stamped as such. The Bulgari keyring alone retails for over $400 and used examples are usually in the $200s on the Bay. Gucci rings in good condition are usually $100 plus. Some of the rougher rings may not be restorable, not sure. 23 items in total I believe. Total weight just over 220 grams of .925. Could be a money-making opportunity for somebody with the skills and time to restore and repolish (or rhodium plate) these items and sell them one-by-one. I have more detailed pics available.

So I ask ye FMDF brothers and sisters, what would fair price be?? :yes:

P1020125.jpg

Are you aware that China is replicating those name brand items? I would suggest that you actually test each one first, just to be sure they are all 925 as stamped. There was expose' on this subject recently on TV about fakes being imported and snuck into the US. It's quite a problem here and could be in Japan too. Be careful and good luck. I really don't have any $$ suggestions for you other than melt, so I'd start your auction at that amount and hope it climbs higher. : )

Spot price today is $31.88 . So $210.88 would be a fair starting price But i would check to see if it is real first. Not to make you mad but there is a whole lot of fake stuff going around and hard to spot.

If real, why not take the time to break down into smaller lots by brand or individually for big ticket items? This would surely net more money.

Probably going to list this lot of brand name silver jewelry on the Bay and wanted to know what people thought would be a fair price. As you can see the condition varies from excellent to poor. This would be great for somebody who can restore and resell jewelry. All pieces have been tumbled to remove the sea crud from them but no other attempt at restoration or polishing has been made. All pieces are genuine Tiffany, Gucci, Bulgari, or Hermes and are stamped as such. The Bulgari keyring alone retails for over $400 and used examples are usually in the $200s on the Bay. Gucci rings in good condition are usually $100 plus. Some of the rougher rings may not be restorable, not sure. 23 items in total I believe. Total weight just over 220 grams of .925. Could be a money-making opportunity for somebody with the skills and time to restore and repolish (or rhodium plate) these items and sell them one-by-one. I have more detailed pics available.

So I ask ye FMDF brothers and sisters, what would fair price be?? :yes:

P1020125.jpg

you found them all on the beach?

Stewart, I have like 3200 + Yen left from my trip to japan. I'd be more than happy to swap it. :-) WOLF

Back
Top Bottom