• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

signum 7272 first impression

I live in Blairsville Pennsylvania and it's a town from the early 1800s,lots of old areas but I want to hunt along the railroad tracks.they were tore out in the 60s,along with all the buildings along them.I think they were put in the 1920s,and there's still piles of rails and old buildings in rubble for miles.no machine could hunt,to much iron.but from what I've read the 7272 was built for tthis type of situation. If it is then I'm in,cause its only a block from my house.I want to hunt where others cannot

Took the Sig out,found a merc about 5 inches down and a 1969 deutshe Mark about 8 inches down.I almost stopped on the deutshe Mark,thought it might be iron or ghost,but it was down there.sounds are clear and the disc is quite, I had to jump to am a few times to make sure it was on.maybe I should adjust the threshold, that would fix that.all in all,good day.

I live in Blairsville Pennsylvania and it's a town from the early 1800s,lots of old areas but I want to hunt along the railroad tracks.they were tore out in the 60s,along with all the buildings along them.I think they were put in the 1920s,and there's still piles of rails and old buildings in rubble for miles.no machine could hunt,to much iron.but from what I've read the 7272 was built for tthis type of situation. If it is then I'm in,cause its only a block from my house.I want to hunt where others cannot
Hi woodbutcher,
If there are a lot of big iron use sound scheme RT-M, it's almost a pseudoanalog algorithm. MM and RT-M (within MSF) near big iron will help you to separate small non ferrious targets. Economy mode is compulsory at trashy sites!
Good hunting! :)

depth

The first day I took out my Signum, I went to a beach I hit with my SEPro. I was pulling coins out of the sand the same depth as the Minelab. Its deep.
That was with the 10" 7 kHz coil. And I hardly knew how to set up the detector!

The first day I took out my Signum, I went to a beach I hit with my SEPro. I was pulling coins out of the sand the same depth as the Minelab. Its deep.
That was with the 10" 7 kHz coil. And I hardly knew how to set up the detector!

The key to success with AKA detectors is a right GB (Ground Balance), this means you can add more Gain and ST and run yr detector without falsing. Adding Gain/ST means depth.

The another setting you should pay attention to is how much Gain is added. AKA detectors are with excessive power, especially Signum MFT, and most of the time you'll have no necessity to run it on 100%. So choose level of Gain wisely - when almost no falsing.

Thanks Suchmuch,there are a lot of people who are curious about this line of detectors, and your info will defiantly help them. As it did me.

Good! :) Thnks for yr kind words!

Those of you who are interested in AKA Sorex Pro are welcome to thread devoted to AKA Sorex Pro Settings. Sorex Pro (S-Pro) is a pretop detector in AKA's detector line. It's almost powerful as Signum MFT but less complicated.

I like the 7272 better than minelab (looks lighter) from the you tube vids.:yes: I also like the screen display x y coordinates.:yes:

My biggest thing is speed,with any detector.The closer I get to a house or building the more junk.and the older the place the more junk.roofs replaced multiple times, nails and stuff everywhere.but the good stuff I've found is mostly right around these old places,and minelab just aren't as good in those situations.

Back
Top Bottom