Value of Coin lot??

73cj5

Elite Member
My coworker has a few coins and asked if I was interetsed?

Lot consists of:

1-us silver dime
3-canada silver dimes
1-pilipinas silver dime
4-us silver nickels
1-canada silver quater
4-steel wheat pennys
1-1906 wheat penny
1-gold plated wheat penny
1-gold dollar
7-buffalo nickels
1-1904 newfoundland one cent
1-1852 half penny quebec bank token
1-1965 one penny large cent
1-1869 not sure looks greek
1-1867 10 centesimi
3-us half dollars (not silver)

I would probably keep the silver and dump the rest.

He was asking 55.00 for the lot.

What do you think is fair???

Attachments

• 3Ke3G43Lc5Z05Hb5M4cb18433c9e99e8615eb.jpg
    3Ke3G43Lc5Z05Hb5M4cb18433c9e99e8615eb.jpg
    1 KB · Views: 371
If you're planning to buy it for the silver, don't. Without a good date you're no where near $55, and what you'd be selling is worth very little. Assuming the dollar is not gold, just reading that list I would not throw $15 down as a blind shot, and I am definitely a risk taker when it comes to coin lots. But that's calculated risk.

You listed a 1906 wheatie. They didn't make them until 1909. Also, without dates for the Canadian coins we don't know if they are the 80% silver or 50% silver or junk. The silver nickels MUST be dated from 1942-1945 AND have the large mint mark over the dome of the building on the reverse in order to be a silver war nickel. Alot of people are confused about this and think any nickel before 1964 is silver. And lastly, you don't list a date for your US dime. It must be 1964 or earlier to be silver. I wouldn't buy coins without knowing some rather basic info. on them. Too risky and you could be making a $$ mistake. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

not a good deal...

you would be better off buying on ebay or at an auction if your looking for a good deal. its fairly hard to sell those non silver coins for any real value.

$15-$16 is a good shot in the dark. The only thing I see that might bring it up is the codition of the Canadian Bank Token and the 1800-something foreign. But they would have to be in great shape to get even to $25-$30.

Based on your description of the coins--probably no more than 15 bucks--considering no real key dates :cool:

If that is a real gold dollar depending on the date but good date or bad date it's worth twice what she is asking for the hole lot. I would like more info on that one . The rest 10-15 bucks

I'm gonna guess off of previous responses and his reply that it's not e "real gold" dollar.

Take the advice here of others and offer him what they suggested or a little less.

If that is a real gold dollar depending on the date but good date or bad date it's worth twice what she is asking for the hole lot. I would like more info on that one . The rest 10-15 bucks

Back
Top Bottom