Value of Wheat coins ?

Target Shooter

Hi every one I am new to this forum and someone may have already asked this question but here goes anyway.The Wheat Pennies I have found are in what looks to me to be in bad shape,after all thy have been down there quit some time.Would thy only be worth face value or a bit more?Thanks

The vast majority are worth nothing more than melt. If you find a 1909S VDB or a 1914D they could be worth some money depending on condition.

Pick up the Red Book 2012 64th edition coin book!! It's ten bucks, give or take a few bucks! It's a great reference guide.
HH!

I sell my dug wheats on ebay, dirty, and uncleaned, I average anywhere from 8-12 cents a piece for them

Don't know much about coin collecting, but doubt most dug coins will get the premium price. The rare specimens, can get a good price, regardless of condition, if you find a buyer who doesn't have one at all. Something, is better than an empty spot in the collection, and you can still keep looking for a better example. The value for most of us, is that wheats tell us that people were losing coins at the site, in the prime silver coin period in time. Wheats mean potential silver...

Don't know much about coin collecting, but doubt most dug coins will get the premium price. The rare specimens, can get a good price, regardless of condition, if you find a buyer who doesn't have one at all. Something, is better than an empty spot in the collection, and you can still keep looking for a better example. The value for most of us, is that wheats tell us that people were losing coins at the site, in the prime silver coin period in time. Wheats mean potential silver...

i have been frequenting an old elementry school , uncovering several wheats and a few war nickles, i can not find a damn silver coin to save my life!!!!!!!!!:mad:

i have been frequenting an old elementry school , uncovering several wheats and a few war nickles, i can not find a damn silver coin to save my life!!!!!!!!!:mad:[/QUOTE

You have already found a few silver coins, war nickels are 35% silver! Everyone on here counts those as silver coins.

Attachments

• 1943 Nickle F 09-12009.jpg
    1943 Nickle F 09-12009.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 238
  • 1943 Nickle R 09-12010.jpg
    1943 Nickle R 09-12010.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 256
Back
Top Bottom