coil mounting bolt & nut

ellobo

I thought I would drop this line to everyone,,, I have broken two (2) coil mount bolts on my whites. Rather than wait another couple of weeks for another new one I went to Home Depot and bought a package of 2 toilet seat mounting bolts....($1.25) They are nylon and should be stronger that the plastic ones. Only had to drill out the hole to accept the larger (and stronger) bolt and no wait......Works fine with no problems.....................

I thought I would drop this line to everyone,,, I have broken two (2) coil mount bolts on my whites. Rather than wait another couple of weeks for another new one I went to Home Depot and bought a package of 2 toilet seat mounting bolts....($1.25) They are nylon and should be stronger that the plastic ones. Only had to drill out the hole to accept the larger (and stronger) bolt and no wait......Works fine with no problems.....................
Done that more than once myself, works great. They are so inexpensive a person can keep one or two spares in their pouch.

I got two from Lowes last week but decided I didn't want to drill out the holes in my new 4 inch coil and lower rod. I'm still looking for a smaller bolt and nut.

I got two from Lowes last week but decided I didn't want to drill out the holes in my new 4 inch coil and lower rod. I'm still looking for a smaller bolt and nut.
Ace hardware had smaller bolts I picked up a couple there for a XTERRA 705 that I picked up one of the coils had a broken mounting tab so I rebuilt the tab and had to get a longer bolt they had them in 3 inch length

dj, Thanks for the Ace hardware heads up. I went today and bought the smaller size at Ace. It fits my lower rod and new coil perfectly with no drilling. Nylon bolt and tap...88 cents! G

Back
Top Bottom