Favorite detector sound for gold ring?

Loved the sound both my Sov & Excal made on Pt. & Gold rings. I swear I still hear it in my sleep.

I had the feeling someone might need some counseling when they returned to the States... :crazy: Welcome back :?:

R5

I had the feeling someone might need some counseling when they returned to the States... :crazy: Welcome back :?:

R5
Same thing happened many years ago, Crackbadger was killing it in Korea and once his time was up he came back to florida...."Zero" Last I heard he sold all his machinell ... I guess we all will be dreaming of the good old days..someday..:oldguy:

Same thing happened many years ago, Crackbadger was killing it in Korea and once his time was up he came back to florida...."Zero" Last I heard he sold all his machinell ... I guess we all will be dreaming of the good old days..someday..:oldguy:

I remember watching those Crackbadger vids back 7-8yrs ago when I first got into this Sport! I'd get all weeweed up and run up and down the big sand flats here like a dope for days finding NOTHING wondering, "what the hells the deal?"!:laughing::laughing:
Mud

I agree with Scuba... even though he was brief in his answer ;) If it beeps dig it... I have found gold that has a high copper content up in the coin range so those who are cherry pickers I thank you for missing a lot of good targets.

R5

Rad1er5, I hear ya, although when I came back for a visit in 2014, I met some forum members out at Clearwater and was able to score a nice 14K ring. I think in the group, we hit 6 or 7 Gold pieces. I also scored on a heavy 18K ring at a local lake 16-18 grams I think. I have just not had a desire to go. I think I'm going to get cranked back up though. These dreams are killing me. lol

I remember watching his video's also. I wonder if I will ever have another solo 19 ring night, Or my favourite group hunt where 3 of us scored 25 rings. I guess I got to live through 18Kronin & Stewart73 post! lol

Loved the sound both my Sov & Excal made on Pt. & Gold rings. I swear I still hear it in my sleep.

Onthespot. although I didn't detect in Okinawa, I learned to dive there. Nothing in the states comes even close to the beauty that I enjoyed in the water while stationed there.

I learned to make due with what I had though and not be bummed for what I lost. I still remember the 150 foot visibility and the beauty of the coral, the fish and the shells. I know I will never be back there. However the memories will never leave.

I wish you luck in the states. You will find places that haven't been hit. You might not find very many awesome rings but they will come.

Enjoy what you can find, remember what you found in the past and enjoy your life the best you can. I am sure you are already trying.

I agree with Scuba... even though he was brief in his answer ;) If it beeps dig it... I have found gold that has a high copper content up in the coin range so those who are cherry pickers I thank you for missing a lot of good targets.

Well brief is all I can be. With the CZ-21 a high beep can be gold and so can a broken scratchy beep and a mid tone beep. The Tiger Shark gives one tone. So I get a beep I dig. Sure I get a lot of nails, can slaw, washers, sinkers, brass and other undesirables. However, as most can see I also get my share of surprises like guns, lighters, knives, coins, toys, and broken gold.

Do I miss gold? No doubt in my mind. More than once I dug for a target only to find a gold chain close to the same hole. Some have been very nice chains also. One was 18 grams of 14K but my machine never detected it.

There is no special beep for gold. Any beep can and will give you gold. So my favorite one is one my machine makes.

Coincidently like back in the day when I was phone phreaking I still love that "Boop Boop" sound Sprint used to make.
My semi-working CZ-70 makes a Boop Boop when I swing over gold, but then again so do pull tabs. Damn it.:laughing:

Except when its a rock the same size/weight as a ring lol

I dig on coral sand beaches and the rocks here (basalt or coral) make a muffled thud thud..... Always know when I get metal in the scoop. I often hunt in the dark and def. know when I've found a coin or other metal. But yea! came up with some lead sinkers that were similiar. Good luck out there!

haha, good one. And have you ever dug enough thousands of coins, that .... after a few years, you can even tell the sound of silver coins "clink clinking" in your basket. Like they make a different sound that the "clink" of clad in the basket :p

Never god that good. Perhaps it will come with more experience. I often dont know I've found a silver coin until I get it home and clean it up a bit. Good Luck and Happy Hunting

Back
Top Bottom