1862 S Seated Dime

Thank you everyone for the feedback!

I've taken the coin in to a few experts and sounds like it's a pretty significant find for the area, may even get in the paper.

I'll be having a type coin expert look at it on Friday and be getting more info on sending it in to get graded.

Thank you everyone for the feedback!

I've taken the coin in to a few experts and sounds like it's a pretty significant find for the area, may even get in the paper.

I'll be having a type coin expert look at it on Friday and be getting more info on sending it in to get graded.

It will not pull a grade as is so make sure you know that ahead of time. You will never see an AU50 or XF40 on that coin. It will come back XF/AU Details/Environmental Damage/cleaned.

Just an FYI. Still a fantastic find!

Im aware it will most likely get a details grade, and im fine with that. I don't ever plan on cleaning it though so it wont get the dreaded cleaned grade.

After doing more research on the coin, it appears to be a conditional rarity, with examples XF and above being "extremely elusive" so I feel it deserves to be in a slab, even though im not a big fan of them.

Im aware it will most likely get a details grade, and im fine with that. I don't ever plan on cleaning it though so it wont get the dreaded cleaned grade.

After doing more research on the coin, it appears to be a conditional rarity, with examples XF and above being "extremely elusive" so I feel it deserves to be in a slab, even though im not a big fan of them.

I hear you...believe me...I'm NOT a fan of the grading companies but this one is a special find that you should keep forever. It is def a tough date, especially in that grade and looks beautiful just as is! Every little spec of dirt/mark adds character. That really is a find to be proud of!

I just sent my coin off to the graders. I'll post a follow up thread when I get it back.

Back
Top Bottom