Who's swinging the oldest machine?

:lol:
Ergonomics was not a word or idea in common use when that Compass came out.
Take a small anvil and mount it on a metal pole to get an idea, and try to swing it for a long time and feel the burn.
Still, this 100 kHz TR machine is very cool in iron infested sites...it not only can see around iron it can actually null out and see through iron while still hitting on high conductive targets under many or large iron targets.
I keep it around just in case I happen to come across problem sites like that...plus I guess you can consider it an antique.

Right On Digger 27 ! :waytogo: (With my mutton chops and Compass detector hanging on my chest by its O.D. Green retro seat belt strap! )
I have a 76b which is the body mount option of the 77b. it is a 100kHz machine. It does exactly what you say . You can null mineral or metal. Depth is not fantastic but with proper adjustment you can find a silver half at 7 or 8 inches. When i get a REALLY trashy pile in an old homestead I get it out and scan for conductive targets. It has paid for more than one days outing. It is very old school and very nearly indestructible !!:yes:

Back
Top Bottom