Look like a cracked wire to you?

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
Guy on feebay is selling this and states just came back from ML repair center and they repaired a nicked headphone wire. But whats up with that coil wire at the coil:shock::laughing:

Attachments

• excal5.jpg
    excal5.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 314
This doesn't indicate such a repair by ML. This appears to be a wire wrap that provides stiffness, and some protection for cable housing. This was most likely installed by owner that felt like this added additional protection.

I actually use this cable wrap too, but not at the bottom of coil. (In black)

This wrap just twist on and off, not permanent.

But I would be weiry purchasing. Because this could indicate a sloppy repair, and dishonest person.

yes people wrap around the lower coil wire to protect it?i guess ive seen those b4 on other detectors

It is that clear wire wrap coil. Probably to protect it from debris. You can zoom in by pressing Ctrl-+ No way of knowing what is under that wrap though.

It is that clear wire wrap coil. Probably to protect it from debris. You can zoom in by pressing Ctrl-+ No way of knowing what is under that wrap though.
Pic on feebay you can see the electrical tape winds up a good ways on the coil wire. Starting bid 700 to see if its just a electrical tape protector or not:lol:

Attachments

• excal5.jpg
    excal5.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 233
Pic on feebay you can see the electrical tape winds up a good ways on the coil wire. Starting bid 700 to see if its just a electrical tape protector or not:lol:

I thought this was the one by us on CL for $500.... or did you get this on eBay? If eBay I'm curious, what did you pay for it?

I thought this was the one by us on CL for $500.... or did you get this on eBay? If eBay I'm curious, what did you pay for it?

One I bought on Feebay was cherry with Anderson shaft. Waiting on fedex right now:lol: $679.95 including shipping. My winning bid was $655. Secret is you bid with less than two minutes so others don't have time to think to pull the trigger:lol:

Attachments

• s-l16002.jpg
    s-l16002.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 214
One I bought on Feebay was cherry with Anderson shaft. Waiting on fedex right now:lol: $679.95 including shipping. My winning bid was $655. Secret is you bid with less than two minutes so others don't have time to think to pull the trigger:lol:

wow, nice score! Looks like its never been used

Odd.......now you can place a HIGH bid and the computer does it for you everytime someone else makes a bid.

I also use plumbing tape on my lower cable near the coil to make them stiffer. Otherwise they really vibrate in the water and can create cracked wires.

Back
Top Bottom