Looking for a new site...

61chip

Elite Member
My hunting buddy MoBob got out today, looking for a new site. I had to stay home for honey-do's. :( Looks like Bob had more fun than I did!

Attachments

• IMG_20150913_13465.jpg
    IMG_20150913_13465.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_20150913_149.jpg
    IMG_20150913_149.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 370
Hey Chip , thanks for the post . I can't believe what I was looking for I literally parked my truck in the middle of. :lol: I dug these 50,60s round balls., buck balls and a couple fired 69 minies in about a 40 yard radious around my truck , the field is 80 acres so buddy we have a lot of swinging to do. I only spent 2 hrs. walking circles around my truck, couldn't help to think on my 20 min ride home that I may have parked my truck on top of another plate. :laughing: We will head out there this weekend with the T2's. It should be a good day for us.

Thanks guys , I've been hunting this old ghost town which was first established in 1843 I believe , for a number of yrs. now . Every field yields more items surrounding the old site which is owned by a farmer friend of mine. The only clue to a town being their is a bunch of old wells , stone foundations to homes that are no longer visible to the eye. Have made a lot of good finds , as a matter a fact that's where Chip dug his first US plate just after I managed to get him back into the hobby. We should do well at this site it's one of two fields left on that farm that I kind of been saving ,due to the size of them , but we'll try and give this one a go first , before moving to the next. Thanks again for the comments. HH

Hey buddy, I'm ready to dig! Can't wait to get out this weekend with you. Think I'll take the new shooter -- we'll hit it with the T2 / G2+ combo and see if we can pull some more lead out of there

Hey buddy, I'm ready to dig! Can't wait to get out this weekend with you. Think I'll take the new shooter -- we'll hit it with the T2 / G2+ combo and see if we can pull some more lead out of there

Hey, I wish I could go with you guys and make it a T2/G2/Deus combo.

pitch a tent! jeepers thats a great sounding spot! never be able to hunt it out. each plowing is a new spot year after year!!! Congrats!!!

seeing the arrowhead ...reminds of a a question asked me by a person with 7 yrs of college, two degrees, and financially successful..... i showed some finds and an arrowhead i eyeballed, they asked "does your thingy find arrowheads too? does it have a thing that goes beep beep when it sees an arrow head???? :roll::roll::roll: the sad thing is they make 5 times what i make...... but i got an arrowhead!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Hey, I wish I could go with you guys and make it a T2/G2/Deus combo.

We could call it a TGD digging day. :yes: Well Reb if you ever roll out this direction give me a shout. I was born and raised near Keyser WV. Family all still their and in Wichestor Va. When I head home to visit again maybe we can hook up in Va or Wv.

pitch a tent! jeepers thats a great sounding spot! never be able to hunt it out. each plowing is a new spot year after year!!! Congrats!!!

seeing the arrowhead ...reminds of a a question asked me by a person with 7 yrs of college, two degrees, and financially successful..... i showed some finds and an arrowhead i eyeballed, they asked "does your thingy find arrowheads too? does it have a thing that goes beep beep when it sees an arrow head???? :roll::roll::roll: the sad thing is they make 5 times what i make...... but i got an arrowhead!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:
We often find arrow heads in fields here in Mo. The site I recently found is a fresh cut hay field and only 20 min. from my house . No need to camp , it's not going anywhere.:lol:

We could call it a TGD digging day. :yes: Well Reb if you ever roll out this direction give me a shout. I was born and raised near Keyser WV. Family all still their and in Wichestor Va. When I head home to visit again maybe we can hook up in Va or Wv.

That sounds good to me. Last time I was in Missouri was some years ago. I was deer hunting in Clarence, if you know where that is. Probably a better chance of us hooking up if you get to come back this way.

It looks promising, going to head out tomorrow morning and introduce my buddy 61Chip to the site , it should be a great place for him to break in the new G2. Hoping the spirits of the past will give up some more of their bounty to us .

Back
Top Bottom