Question...

Rudy is correct. One caution, usually these are held together with staples, this introduces a danger many have experienced.. staple scratches..usually happens when removing a coin from the 2x2.... just use caution. RickO

Rudy is correct. One caution, usually these are held together with staples, this introduces a danger many have experienced.. staple scratches..usually happens when removing a coin from the 2x2.... just use caution. RickO

That's why I use the self-adhesive ones for my better coins. I have bought coins before worth a couple hundred and they'd show up stapled on all 4 sides. You definitely have to find some patience because it doesn't take much to scratch a coin with sharp metal.

would a better option be those plastic sheets for storing slides in? there are 2 downsides i can by using them: the top is open (unless you fasten it shut somehow) and with some of them, the back isn't a nice clear see-through plastic. if need be, i don't see why you couldn't carefully cut them apart instead of having "sheets" of coins. just an idea. :D

Pete

I've got aa few 2 x 2 hard plastic cases that snap together. They are very old and not sure if they are available anymore but they work great.

@007tallguy
i like your BEST FIND THIS FORUM
i love this place and everyone in it, such a great help and a welth of knowledge
HH everyone

2x2 flips are the cardboard style and you can get the plastic cases anywhere also they are called snaptights. hit up ebay go to coins area and go to supplys area from there, you can find many many different types of holders and display cases, books etc. lots of goodies. the mylar flips are not too bad to use, don't staple too close and too remove just slice the edge of the mylar where the cardbord and mylar meet, that way you never have to worry about staple scratches, I don't even open them after closing just exacto knife a slit outside the coins edge and they fall right out, throw away the used holder, they are cheap.

Back
Top Bottom