Rosie and an SLQ make for a good weekend.

jl1252

Elite Member
I really hadnt decided where to detect this weekend, so yesterday I ended up swinging by my local school tearout to find it was still just a large hole in the ground. So, since it was getting late I just decided to hit the adjacent soccer field Ive had decent luck at in the past. I dug a few deep wheats and that was about it. I headed back to my truck in defeat. I kept swinging and was literally within spitting distance of my truck when i got a nice faint high tone that bounced from 25 to 34 on the nox. Dug it thinking it was probably another wheat. I scooped out some chunks of dirt out of the bottom of hole and i saw the bright shiney rim of a coin in a dirt clod (i should have taken a pic). Popped the dirt off and was presented with a 52 Rosie (#16). Sweet.

Today after my chores I decided to hit a trail system outside of town that my daughter and i explored a few weeks ago. It had recently been logged and cleared of most of the undergrowth wich made it nice for swinging. I ventured off the path up the hill and got a 12-13 signal right next to a 29-31 signal. I mean, an inch or two apart. It still impresses me that the nox can see and separate targets so close together. I had my predator shovel with me but the ground was super soft and covered in Boston Ivy, which made cutting a plug difficult so i just used it to pull the ground up, if that makes sense. First I saw the old steel bottle cap which explained the 12-13 signal. Set that aside and sifted through the loose dirt and then I saw the edge of a silver quarter! Its a dateless SLQ (#17) but its an S mintmark. Even though it has a strange ding, its still legible. Its only my second ever SLQ.

Sorry for the long post, but thanks of looking and happy hunting!

Attachments

• IMG_20190719_203138.jpg
    IMG_20190719_203138.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_20190720_154238.jpg
    IMG_20190720_154238.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_20190720_182619.jpg
    IMG_20190720_182619.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
Those slq are hard to get,Congrats on the score

What he ^ said !

Thanks guys. Its eluded me for almost 3 years!

Nice silvers. Congrats.

HD

Thank you.

Nice hunting Jeff. That SLQ is a beauty! Way to go sniffing out the silvers!

Thanks Jeff. Thanks again for the tip!

A couple of very nice outings Jeff. Congrats on the Stander and the Rosie. Trapper

Thanks Trapper.

Good to see some CA action and in-situ pix.

And as for the "S" mint on the SLQ : Well.... OF COURSE we would expect no-less, coming from CA, right ? :laughing:

Congrats! I really like that SLQ. :detector:

Thanks Wolf-Dog!

Congrats on your "S" mint SLQ. I've only dug one and it was a dateless 1917 with no mintmark.

Thank you.

Nice finds! Excellent hunt

Thanks.

Love those SLQ. They are nice looking coins!

They are beautiful!

Yay for an SLQ s!

Yes, Yay! I havent dug anything better than a mercury dime in almost a year!

I hope to find one some day! Yay again! I'm still excited for your finding one! Congrats again. [emoji2]

Back
Top Bottom