Spy pictures of a scoop with a loop, a new design I think?

Ice Scratcher

Elite Member
Alright guys, I'm new enough and smart enough to know I have not seen everything. I have seen a lot on here, but, I know I have never seen one of these till today. My buddy needed a scoop so we went to the local MD shop to buy one. My buddy bought the older style Stealth, what a nice product that is for sure.

They also had another scoop, it is all welded stainless, about the same weight as the Stealth with a wooden handle. It seems like a really good scoop, has a tubular handle that is a twist to it. I could only think the "twist" adds strength to what seems like pretty thin walled tubling (to save weight).
It is pretty dang big too...

Have you guys ever seen one like this?

0912131326_zps81f26091.jpg

Next to the Stealth, the Stealth is slighty in front, but they are about the same size, more or less...

0912131329_zps0a4d853c.jpg

I like it a lot, it seems very well made, priced about the same as the Stealth..

Thoughts?

<*)))>{

I don't know who makes it...

I was there so my buddy could get a scoop. On the way there he said I would have to check out this, and I would like to see.... I said,

HEY! You are getting a scoop and we are getting the hell out of there, we got gold to find!!

While we were waiting on another customers purchase, I snapped those pictures. I can find out more soon enough..

<*)))>{

I don't like it. The twists will be real uncomfortable when you slide your hand down it. Or grip it. The loop at the top is a poorly designed loop that just adds weight you don't need. The old looped ones has a smooth curve you can slide your hand across easily. Lots of scoops are being made and marketed by everyone. Some scoops are regional. I've seen a couple some guy makes in a large hunt club. They say its the bomb. I'd expect anyone in my hunt club to tell me I made the best scoop too:laughing:

That loop is on the wrong side. It would be more effective on the other side in deep water hunting.... otherwise its just there. If they put it on the other side they could change the angle of the handle which would keep targets in the basket better. Great build thou.... someone put some time in on it.

Dew

Hey Scratcher, where is this shop that you speak of? Do you know of any shops near Downriver? I am in the market for a new machine and some other goodies. Time to dump the Bounty Hunter.

Looks like one of Lew's old scoops with the hard angle down of the bucket, other then the twist. Over the years there have been many hoop scoops....here is one in the Bay that is seen once and awhile.

That loop is on the wrong side. It would be more effective on the other side in deep water hunting.... otherwise its just there. If they put it on the other side they could change the angle of the handle which would keep targets in the basket better. Great build thou.... someone put some time in on it.

Dew

+1 zactly, the loop is in the wrong side for me too.

Hey Scratcher, where is this shop that you speak of? Do you know of any shops near Downriver? I am in the market for a new machine and some other goodies. Time to dump the Bounty Hunter.

Don't know of any shops in DR...

I didn't even know about this one, 4 miles away, till my buddy told me about it...

If you google metal detector shops in Toledo OH, it is the one with a 419-885-???? it is about 25 minutes from Monroe....

<*)))>{

Back
Top Bottom