Fisher F2 - How do you avoid trash?

Splix76

I am learning my detector better by the day. I have been working to dig less trash, however the Fisher F2 shows gold in the foil - zinc range where much trash is also picked up.

I have found that if I get a good hit, but the number jumps up/down more than 10 digits that the item is most likely trash. I typically will sweep over the item left to right, rotate 90 degrees and sweep over it again. If I don't get somewhat stable reading I tend to skip the dig, unless the location of the item is rock solid, that will sometimes prompt me to dig.

Anyone with tips or tricks on how to better use my F2, please share.

If you want to find gold you’re going to have to dig a ton of trash. It’s that simple.

With any of the Fisher/Teknetics low to mid level detectors, digging trash in search of gold jewelry is a given. That goes for other detectors too. I usually can fill a gallon size zip lock bag just with the pull tabs I dig each year in order to find a few gold rings and gold jewelry. I could fill two or more 5 gallon buckets with the other aluminum can slaw and shards. On most detectors gold jewelry will signal from the top of the iron range to just below copper pennies. On my F19 that is from roughly 30 to the mid 70s on the numerical target ID scale depending on the size, purity and depth of the gold jewelry. Keep digging those low to mid conductors and like you said, look for tighter spaced numbers and sometimes really solid audio responses.

Jeff

F2 and gold

For more info on the F2, look at Digger27 posts. He found some fine Jewelry with his. My experience is you find gold where it is most likely lost. Places like swings, cross bars at tot lots. Volley ball courts, sports fields, beaches and so on. Random park hunting is tough to count on for gold with out some activity with hands. Hope this helps! hh CG

Back
Top Bottom