• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Local "Chapters"??

pen maker

I am a member of some other forums, and on one of those forums, it is normal for the members to get together to practice our craft. These forums have an area dedicated to "local chapters" which is just a list of sub forums that are broken down into states, regions, countries etc.

Is there something like that here?? It would give everyone from a local area the opportunity to have a place to converse about location specific hunts, gatherings etc. It would help promote group hunting, local clubs etc.

I looked through the site and didnt see such an area, but i'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer so i may have missed it.

The closest we have here is the section to find a hunting buddy, but it isn't the same. What happens is if something with a local bent is posted the people in the area are more likely to chime in. For instance I keep an eye out for California related posts and make a bit of a mental checklist of which posters are in my general area (LA).

You might want to edit your profile to say where you are from so that other people in your area will notice you. In case you don't know what I mean, look at the top right corner of my post and compare it to yours.

You might also find a social group for your area. If there isnt one you can always start one up. I just did and have 5 members already...

Our Kansas Hunters Social Group has 52 members from Kansas and a few other states. We get together now and then and have group hunts. It's a great way to meet fellow forum members.

Under 'quicklinks' at the top of the forum is a section for social groups. You could set one up and invite members in your area. RickO

Thanks for the tips! I never used the quick links tab until now. There isnt a social group for my state, or area, so maybe i will start one. Surely I'm not the only Okie on here.

I will also adjust my profile to display my location.

Just curious, is there a board for each social group? Or how does everyone from one social group communicate as a group? Thanks for all the help!!

Back
Top Bottom