4th Seated of the season and a First for me!

goes4ever

Elite Member
Sunday afternoon, my buddy Brad and I went knocking doors. The very 1st house we stopped at we go permission. I got a few wheats, then I got this nice deep 08-41 signal beside a large maple tree. I assumed I was digging another wheat, But NOPE a nice 1875 seated dime popped out! made my day, that was the 4th seated dime of the season.

I have dug several 1909 wheats, but today I got my first 1909 VDB, the VDB is very hard to see because the coin has considerable wear, but it is easy to see with a loupe. I tried my best to photograph it. It is my first '09 VDB so I will take it.

Ended up with 10 wheats the 1875 seated, 1952 rosie and a couple old keys. That takes me to 123 silvers for the year.

The last pic is just a date close up, I was seeing how close my camera can do macro shots....lol:lol:

DSC01275.jpg

DSC01278.jpg

DSC01279.jpg

DSC01276.jpg

DSC01282.jpg

Very Nice!! Our ground here is still hard as a rock. We've only had one rain in 6 weeks now. I am missing so much detecting time and winter will be here soon enough. It just sux.

Very Nice!! Our ground here is still hard as a rock. We've only had one rain in 6 weeks now. I am missing so much detecting time and winter will be here soon enough. It just sux.

I'd be digging anyways where you guys are at! Hard soil or not. I dug in dry soil in Indiana and it was still easy digging compared to the rocky gravely clay crap here. We have to deal with hard soil year round. Get out that lesche and find some silver man!

we JUST got rain this last week three times, before that we have had no rain since the first of June and it was 96-101 degrees for weeks, ground was like brown cement!

Very nice sl dime. I really like the 1909 wheatie too.

My first seated liberty is out there waiting for me.

Very nice, Terry. Do know how old this place you were detecting was? Do you ever go back and research the age of the places you visit?

Glad to see that the knocking on doors paid off. Maybe you will encourage more people to get out and try it. There is a lot of "virgin" territory that hasn't been hunted.:yes: Congratulations on the finds.

Back
Top Bottom