Josten 10K ring

Jim Bob

Elite Member
Can anyone tell me how to find what this ring represents. It only has 1944 on the sides and 10K Josten inside. Thanks, Jim

Attachments

• IMG_3167.jpg
    IMG_3167.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG_3168.jpg
    IMG_3168.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 352
It seems like a typical class ring to me. It's hard to tell what exactly is represented on the face of the ring with your picture. Can you give a detailed picture of the engraving? It could be a possibility it's a WWII ring too. I'm pretty sure Josten is like a nock off type of jeweler, could be wrong but 10k means it's 41.7% gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good eye on the hat! It definitely looks like one. I've been studying the picture a lot and it seems like it's a globe below it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw that and had the same thought too, but a worldly firefighter escapes me.

I remember the Jostens company did my class rings back in high school. You could personalize aspects of it and pick from a huge variety of icons, like a football if you were on the football team, a stack of books if you were a nerd, etc. So it could be someone's personalization, rather than a clue about the school itself? That might actually help pin down the owner faster, if Jostens kept records. I'm not sure how many globetrotting firefighters there were.

I see '49' on the side in your photo...could be the class of 1949, or a sports number. But if it is a class ring, there definitely should be a class year somewhere.

I know it's not, but the symbol on the front reminds me of the marine corp emblem.

My guess is it's military related.

kind of looks like 1949. HH Steve

I have looked close at the numbers and it is 1944. The 9 is closed at the top and on the other side the 4 curves at the bottom but is open at the top showing a 4, not a 9 Also the Marine Corps emblem dose resemble it in a way but being a Marine I can tell you it isn't the Anchor Globe and Eagle: laughing:
I have looked at the Jostens web site but didn't have any luck It is interesting though.

Very nice looking ring, but have no idea about what it represents.
Whether or not Jostens could help ID the emblem on the ring, I don't know, but I have had Jostens help me twice in finding class ring owners. With a full name, Jostens will relay your contact info, they don't give out any customer information. Their records don't go back decades, so their help can be limited.
DL

I'm no metallurgist but although it has 1944 on it, it just doesn't look 70+ years old... But I'm with the others that recommended contacting Jostens, I'm willing to bet that under the circumstances, they would be happy to help find the owner.

owner ID

Very nice looking ring, but have no idea about what it represents.
Whether or not Jostens could help ID the emblem on the ring, I don't know, but I have had Jostens help me twice in finding class ring owners. With a full name, Jostens will relay your contact info, they don't give out any customer information. Their records don't go back decades, so their help can be limited.
DL

There are no initials or name inside the ring, just 10K Josten, so I guess finding the owner is out. As for the age of the ring, I used polish on it and it cleaned up real nice, all gold I have found in this fresh water lake has been very clean.

Back
Top Bottom