Pre 1933 service pin???

Meerdragon

I found this In a creek near my home . It Reads New York Mortgage And Title Co around the edge and in the middle it says A Circle of Service. I cannot find any thing like it been searching for days on line the only reference to the New York Mortgage and title co is a court recording of what looked like to me they were filing for bankruptcy in 1933. Legal mumbo jumbo and lots of it. I didn't mess with it to much the back is pretty roached but I think it may have had a lapel pin.
Any body ever see one before?
Any Ideas suggestions. Only been detecting a week and a half.I got lots to learn.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• circ.jpg
    circ.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 302
  • Circ 2.jpg
    Circ 2.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 226
Unsure what it is, but that's one of the best parts of this hobby, getting to see items you've never seen before. Very cool find!:cool:

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply I'm off to the creek to hunt the next section. Plus I left what might be a meteorite sitting on a rock in the middle of the creek better retrieve it before the next thunderstorm.

Thanks for the quick reply I'm off to the creek to hunt the next section. Plus I left what might be a meteorite sitting on a rock in the middle of the creek better retrieve it before the next thunderstorm.

Looks like they filed bankruptcy petition but it was denied.

It is with regret that this court dismisses the petition, for the superiority of section 77B for reorganization of the debtor corporation with its ramifications in many states is manifest. It may mean the difference between reorganization and liquidation. But the court must take the law as it is written.

This January 3, 1930 newspaper mentions them..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 208
Advertisement in 1922 Brooklyn Daily Eagle Almanac, Volume 37

I'm getting closer......hmm

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks now maybe I can sleep tonight. You guys rock!!! And I did find what i think might be a meteorite still on top of the rock where I left it. Creek gave up some Keys and a few nice size peaces of copper. and a match box jeep. No treasure today.

Can we all agree that Dsm mechva makes this I.D. section as great as it is?

SALUTE! :thumbsup:

I appreciate the props , there are many many members that do an outstanding job with ID's. I consider it a team effort and if I can contribute by helping someone figure out what they have found then I'm happy to give it a shot.

Back
Top Bottom