Completely stumped!

Creed'sMTD

IMG_0389.jpg
Hello! I was out and about at Schenley Park in Pittsburgh PA and decided to do some woods hunting to get out of the heat and away from all of the trash. I stumbled across this here as it was located next to a fairly large tree and about 3'' deep. It's an anchor with rope surrounding it in a full circle. It also has four double stripes on the North, South, East, and West sides on the outer rim. I'm thinking it's navy, but I can't quite tell if it's old or new or even what to label it all! I've looked everywhere online to just get a grasp as to what it might be and I'm clueless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally don't know, but my Google skills lead me to believe belt buckle WW2, navy or coast guard. Trying a combo of those terms led me to find several similar buckles but no exact matches. That might get you started. I'm sure someone else on here knows for sure though.

Ah! Now I have the technical term as to what it could be! That helps out extremely, thank you very much HuntinDog. I will be researching a lot!

I don't know what the bottom thing in the pic is, but the top item is a very recent can of Mint Copenhagen long cut snuff! :lol:
Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Shawn

I don't know what the bottom thing in the pic is, but the top item is a very recent can of Mint Copenhagen long cut snuff! :lol:

Shawn

Honestly I was ready for someone to comment about the cope! I knew it was going to be at least someone haha! I don't blame you at all because it gave me a good laugh! Still hoping somebody may have a better inclination as to what it may be! Have a good day!

Shawn

Damn Shawn you beat me to it but recent? I clearly see 1822 on that can! :D

So is it stamped or pressed? I would think it would be cast if it were real. I cant tell from the picture if it is just the backside of pressed brass or if your saying its hollow And the other side is the same as the front only reversed(2 sided) I know I found a sword plate buckle and the back was the reverse of the front. Since it was pressed it was determined it was a civilians version of the real thing. Used more for show. It still was from the civil war era but just not military issue.

Attachments

• 20150927_173211-1.jpg
    20150927_173211-1.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 332
  • 20150927_215920-1.jpg
    20150927_215920-1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 331
Well it was definitely pressed. So I'm sure the fact of it being modern would make sense. It's still a great find in my eyes, I'm guessing it is just a buckle shield all in all. It had me going for awhile though! Thank you for the feed back HannibalNectar!

Back
Top Bottom