9" X 12" Concentric Coil On AT GOLD For A 6 Hour Water Hunt + More Air Test Comparisons......

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
9" X 12" Concentric Coil On AT GOLD For A 6 Hour Water Hunt + More Air Test Comparisons......
WUGIEALL.jpg

Today I used the large 9" x 12" concentric coil on the AT Gold for a 6 hour water hunt. I kept flipping back between true all metal mode and DISC 1 (zero discrimination mode). This coil goes DEEP! There were a couple of times where I had to go 2 scoops deep to get my target. One was a silver quarter, which gave a VDI in the high 80's. And it was founnd using true all metal mode too. I can only recall getting another silver quarter in this same lake several years ago, and at that time I was using the Garrett Infinium PI LS detector. As a matter of fact, hunting today reminded me of hunting with the Garrett Infinium. In the past, when hunting a lake with a VLF metal detector, often times the targets were scarce. You could hunt for 30 minutes without any signal. Often times when that happened, I would change detectors and use my Infinium. Using the Infinium put a lot more life into the hunt, as it was picking up signals on a regular basis. Well, hunting with the AT Gold in true all metal mode , gave me the same effect. There were times today when no signals could be heard for 10-15 minutes. A quick push of a button and the true all metal mode was finding targets missed in DISC mode, or just more lower VDI numbers targets. And having the iron audio feature in true all metal mode save me a lot of time leaving junk targets in the sand. I not did listen for changes in threshold to determine if there was a deep target waiting for me, as water hunting tends to give regular falsing from the minerals and water running over the coil at different rates.

That wonderful audio found on the AT Pro is again present in the DISC 1 mode on the AT Gold. . The audio combined with the VDI numbers has helped me dig many extra nickels, dimes and quarters. From the above photo, It can be seen that I dug a lot of bottle caps. That's part of my learning curve, and I tend to dig the iffy signals, because surprises do happen. I did leave a lot of bottle caps in the water, as the VDI numbers and iron audio check left me with enough good information to suggest that they were junk targets. The audio on the AT Series is like learning a new language, and it takes time to learn it and to build confidence in it.

QUARTERWUGI.jpg

Tonight, I again am doing some air tests, using the 9" x 12" coil this time on the AT Gold. See below:

Attachments

• 9 X 12 ON AT GOLD.jpg
    9 X 12 ON AT GOLD.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 1,317
Back
Top Bottom