E-Trac Battery Charging Adapter

cibean

Hi guys,
I mistaken plugged in the minelab charging adapter without the voltage coverter and since we have 220V input here as compared to 110V for USA, needless to say i am without a charger at the moment and i am currently using my backup battery with 8 AA rechargeable Alkaline batteries in them.

Can anyone suggest which adapter is the best for charging the slim battery pack for E-Trac that comes with the detector? Input is not a problem as i can easily find 220V adapters here. What i am concerned about is getting am adapter with wrong output, which might end up damaging the slim pack. My battery pack says 1600 Mah 9.6V.

Your help is highly appreviated

radio shack sells an adapter (or used to) that had different plugs and output voltages. Just need to make sure that it has the ground oriented correctly. The old minelab adapter should show this. It should be a 12 volt adapter, but the batteries after the charge will only put out the 9.6 volts.

I'd shoot for something close to 11.2 volts, 160 mA. Guessing that its NiMH or NiCd. Will take about 10 hours to charge. An 9.6 volt RC car battery is close, usually 1800 to 2200 mAH, might find a charger locally on the cheap, and swap the connector...

Your charger should have its specs on it. I havent looked at mine to know if they are there. You might be able to get one over there that is the same. The Etac one looks pretty generic to me.

Back
Top Bottom