The beach is still heavily sanded in

Steffen70

Forum Supporter
Hello,

I decided to do something meaningfull today, and went straith to the beach to do some hunting

We have had a big storm in Denmark some time ago, and that storm was all over the beach - seaweed everywhere, and unfortunately also a few feet of sand!

I've been waiting for the sand to move back to the sea, so that I could do some serius detecting, and I can see that the sea is slowly cutting into the beach.

I worked a few small cuts next to the sea, and got a few coins to show for it - they were really deep, as You can see on the last picture with a fullsize scoop (It's the size of a good Stavr-scoop).

The last picture is showing My scoop which is inside a hole I just dug to get a pulltab. most targets was that deep, and I can barely wait for the sea to claim back some of that sand!

The coins which looks like new were found in the area behind the trashcans.

Something have happened on the beach - I gave it a cleaning with a pulse detector last winter, and there were Iron EVERYWHERE!! I guess nobody can hit those trashcans GRRR :?:

My new ProPointer helped a lot looking for small canslaw escaping the scoop.

The detector and the pinpointer reacted on the rock, but it is not magnetic - does anybody know what kind of stone it is ??

HH.

/Steffen

Attachments

• 08112013901.jpg
    08112013901.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 201
  • 29102013896.jpg
    29102013896.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 203
  • 08112013900.jpg
    08112013900.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 247
If there's not a bunch of people around you can always pick a hotspot and give trenching a try during sanded in conditions.

If there's not a bunch of people around you can always pick a hotspot and give trenching a try during sanded in conditions.

Hmmm - That's not a bad Idea!

Somebody made a really big hole on that beach last year, and when they were done refilling it, I detected the area and found a lot of coins..

Lots of work though.

/Steffen

Back
Top Bottom