Could Someone With The Equinox Do This Cold Test For Me Please

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
Some of us in the more northern parts of US and Canada will hunt in very cold temperatures. We can use lithium ion batteries to keep those batteries working for a long time in below freezing temperatures. Nickel Metal Hydride Batteries along with alkaline and carbon batteries don't hold a charge very long in the cold.

Could someone with the new Equinox living in a current cold environment please leave it turned on outside, and do hourly checks on it monitoring the battery gauge to see how long the battery lasts?

Attachments

• ccol.jpg
    ccol.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 510
John,
You do realize Equinox can be run and (run and charged) while using (dry land).
Meaning if a person takes along a couple packs lithium ion packs, they could hunt for hours and hours.

Equinox can be connected to external source and be used even if internal battery is depleted or too low for detector operation.

Manufacturer though recommends against using external battery when detector is being subjected to water.

I do know a tester checked Equinox battery at room temperature (detector running in multi frequency with threshold dialed up to simulate extra draw on battery since he was not sweeping over targets making speaker sound off. And it did run for the time manufacturer claims.

Surely a 10,000 mAh pack in conjunction with a full detector internal battery would get a person by even in the coldest temps for detecting.

How many hours is it daylight up there in wintertime for one day's detecting?
Like 7-8.

Here's my unit turned on and plug into external pack. Notice pack is showing 86% capacity. Minelab did some thinking here, they put a 90 degree downward turn on charge cable, so it is easy to route along rod towards back of detector. Pack can be mounted under rod and temporarily secured. Pack when it gets so depleted will still run detector, but charging process will stop (even if internal battery is not fully charged).

rwuyd3.jpg

Last edited:
John ,those gold chain finds will increase for you when you get your new Minelab Equinox in. You might even find a lot more flour gold with it too...:yes:

John ,those gold chain finds will increase for you when you get your new Minelab Equinox in. You might even find a lot more flour gold with it too...:yes:

Well, lots of other metal detectors are hot on chains, including gold ones too! These are my chain finds from years gone buy. Some of my previous gold chains were sold several years back when gold hit it's highest peak ever. I hope it goes up again soon, a bonus for all of us!

Attachments

• chains.jpg
    chains.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 367
Back
Top Bottom