Anyone ever repair a minelab etrac arm cuff?

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
If so,
i-want-you-to-show-me-the-way.jpg

1) Remove OEM cuff.
2) Chunk it in the garbage can.
3) Install new Jeff Herke cuff.

lol! Sorry man. That's how I repaired mine though. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) Remove OEM cuff.
2) Chunk it in the garbage can.
3) Install new Jeff Herke cuff.

lol! Sorry man. That's how I repaired mine though. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:laughing::lol: I think im gunna order one tonight
cellr, post a pic of it.

As of right now its still drying from its second coat of multi purpose cement. It will also hold it in place, shall I decide to further modify it...

Attachments

• 1029171635.jpg
    1029171635.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 312
  • 1029171635a.jpg
    1029171635a.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 301
  • 1029171635b.jpg
    1029171635b.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 302
Man, that like a pretty good repair, nearly like plastic welded. If the material you used to repair is any good, it should hold. Looks like a poor design, a "V" with a forearm is only going to want to spread the bottom.

If a replacement cuff is mega-costly, order a piece of Kydex 9at least .125") to make a "liner" for the cuff. Heat/soften it in the oven, form it inside the cuff, let cool, trim, and use a good plastic epoxy to bond them together.

You could always cut the other side off, get a piece of 6" PVC, half it, contour however you like, and epoxy it to the "base" piece. You'd never break the radius of the pipe, and would allow you more room.

Nice work! My used Etrac came with the Herke metal cuff and the juncture looks exactly like your repaired one. That is one nice, neat, well "mounded-up" finish from your work.

JB Weld woulda been good for that job. I can't see a reason why yours won't manage just fine.

Here is a pic of my Herke cuff juncture. Both sides are the same. I assume that's how Herke metal cuffs are made.

Attachments

• IMG_2572.jpg
    IMG_2572.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 300
Cut another piece of PVC, half a tube..

Attach it in the V, PVC should beef it up, I fixed someone's ace 250 the same way...

<°)))>{

Nice work! My used Etrac came with the Herke metal cuff and the juncture looks exactly like your repaired one. That is one nice, neat, well "mounded-up" finish from your work.

JB Weld woulda been good for that job. I can't see a reason why yours won't manage just fine.

Here is a pic of my Herke cuff juncture. Both sides are the same. I assume that's how Herke metal cuffs are made.
Mine also came with the Herke cuff... if you go with pvc... A tip.. if you have a heat gun you can heat it and shape as you wish

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom