New Here & to this hobby!

qigong

Hi All,

Hello, I'm new to this hobby, I'm looking for a md but am really confused! at the moment I'm lying towards a Tesoro (base model), not a lot of chat about these just lately so maybe I'm way off the mark?

I live in Ireland and certainly won't be paying the huge prices being asked over here and in the UK, If I can make up my mind what to buy, I'll get a friend to take delivery in the USA and forward it to me.

I hope to be coin & relic hunting on a casual basis, any helpful advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Best Regards,

qigong

Ummmm I hate to say this but it's against the law in Ireland to hunt with a detector. That's what I was told before I took a trip there and was also told when I got there. Better check the laws before you buy one. :(

They banned it I beleive because of stolen antiquities and no control over them. :(

Here's a post I copied from Treasure Net

I have a Minelab explorer that I took to Ireland and a 18" 14" and the stander coil. The stander worked better then the 18" and 14", it went as deep and it is a lot litter and less false signal. I have the 5" excelerator that works grate in trash area. I used my 8" excelerator in a can dump and all I got was three coins then I used my 5" and found around 33 more coins and several tokens and counting.

I copied it before I saw your reply. Rob

WOW! now that would stink for sure. Maybe some of our other UK friends here can shed some light on this. ;)

On making some initial enquiries I've been told that its illegal to search for antiquities, but not illegal to find them!....but then it is Ireland we are talking about....so it looks like I'll be looking to purchase a md after all.

So if anyone is upgrading and has a decent machine to sell do give me a shout please! and again opinions on the Tesoro are still welcomed.

Best Regards,
qigong

Back
Top Bottom