Radio Shack and Bounty Hunter Discovery

highvesman

Hey was wondering if they are still selling them for $112.00 or that $80 sumthing price. Thanks for your time in reading it

Go to the Radio Shack website. Put "metal detectors" in their site search. Then do an on-site search for the nearest Radio Shack that might still carry the item. I would then call the store to see if they still have it before I went. Good luck getting one I love mine! :yes:

on their website it says $299 but i wondering if they still sell for $112 i will call around tomorrow, if not i will get one on ebay. Thanks alot.

I wish we still had Radio Shack in the UK, or as it was called here "Tandy".
I used to love looking around their shops, and bought quite a few items, under the "Realistic" name.

We've still got Maplins, Alan. Keeps me in spare parts and they do have some great prices on detectors at times (C-Scope 1220R list £379, Maplins £199 last month, Chinese version of the Whites 6000 £99 down to £59).

Although on the website the 3300 went to $112 for about 2 weeks, it was in "clearance". It was still in clearance even though the website went back to the original $299. Many members bought it for the $112 (some even less) even though the website was listing it at the $299 price.

I am crossing my fingers for it to still be on clearance

EDIT: I called them today and it still sells for $112

hopefully i can go today

UPDATE: Went today and they didn't have them i stock so they are shipping it to my house, they said should get there on friday.

In other words...I bought it but have to wait!

yeah no kidding, thanks for the help guys, now i just bought rechargeable batteries for it on ebay...this is going to be sweet!

Highvesman
I read on another forum that some of the rechargeable 9v batteries are longer than regular alkaline batteries and will not fit into the BH 3300.
You might want to compare the length before you try them.
Good hunting, Merf

oh great....well i already have 4 9v, but if they are regular size then i am just in luck, thanks for the heads up merf.

Oh can i ask you a question, what forum was that so i could take a look, thanks.

There is gobs of info on that site. Take a look around. Good people with the same kind of detector that you use.

i took a look at that topic, those do look a little bit too long just looking at the picture but what do i know...all i have to do is wait and see, thanks alot guys.

Got demensions for the rechargeable batteries, tell me what you think:
(HXWXD)48mm x 26mm x 16mm

The ones you got might fit. I have read that some brands are just a little bigger and some brands are about the same size. The battery compartment on the 3300 is a tight fit and it is possible that they will not fit. I would not force them in as it may damage the holder.
It is a good detector, especially for $112. I sure enjoy mine.
Good hunting, Merf

yeah the one on detecting.com dimensions is bigger than the ones i got, just to let you guys know...I am so exited for this

Merf said:
Highvesman
I read on another forum that some of the rechargeable 9v batteries are longer than regular alkaline batteries and will not fit into the BH 3300.
You might want to compare the length before you try them.
Good hunting, Merf

The size of the 9v batteries does seem to vary slightly, not just with rechargeables.

Back
Top Bottom