good price?

A 15" coil? Is it a Bigfoot by chance?

What size is the other coil? If it's a 950 and the machine is in good shape, throw $250 and see if he bites.

You never know.

I thought craigslist was a for sale at a price??
You know whats going on is someone doesnt want to pay ebay fees and is taking best offers.
Craigslist does not allow that practice.
I wouldnt get involved.

The ad doesn't get too specific, and the guy claims the extra coil searches down 6 ft. So I will offer a 200 and see if he bites. I don't think he ever used it and doesn't know anything about it. thanks for the advice all:spin:

I agree. He should be asking a set price. If it is relatively new, it would go for over $500 with the 15" coil and the 950. Anything less and I would be suspicious of the offer.:(

I haggle on Craigslist all the time. It's a good place to find some pretty sweet deals. Just watch what you are spending cause not every deal is necessarily a good deal. Sometimes you get someone needing money real bad or someone that just wants to get rid of his junk. You can find some great prices if you watch it religiously.

Craigslist is just like using an ad in the newspaper. Once you meet the person you can haggle around and most of the time get them to go a little lower than advertised....there is nothing illegal about it. Just like used car dealers on craigs list 8k for a beat up taurus you get there and end up paying 6k.

It's all about wheeling and dealing. Ebay is good for certain things, but there are too many fees and half the time you have to pay using paypal which can be risky on some computers. Then there is shipping and handly charges...ugh. Then the wait....and it might not even be the same thing that was in the picture, but you've already paid for it. Then sales tax if you buy in your own state....ugh ugh ugh.

Only good thing about ebay is you can spend a lot and the money never goes through your hands so you don't even know it until you are stuck living on Shrimp flavored Ramen Noodles for the week. lol

Wait that's not good....let me think of the good points about ebay and get back to you.

Oh I know one good thing about ebay. You can surf ebay for specific items and see what they are going for used so you can then recognize good deals when they come across on craigslist. :)

If you can get a MXT for $200 I'd grab it with both hands, wrap my legs around it, and tell him the money's in my back pocket.

The ad doesn't get too specific, and the guy claims the extra coil searches down 6 ft. So I will offer a 200 and see if he bites. I don't think he ever used it and doesn't know anything about it. thanks for the advice all:spin:
Run like the wind!!!

No MXT ever reached 6 ft...regardless of the coil.

Just wait it out. He'll bite.

He might ask you if you are crazy(that would be the nice response), but he'll respond sooner or later.

You work on preparing a good explanation on that offer you just made in the mean time. If he takes it the wrong way it could be the end of the bartering process for you.

You had the right idea to shoot low, but you're asking him to give the thing away. With money as tight as it is nowadays that could rub a lot of people the wrong way... and it makes you look ridiculous or poor. Niether of those are good when looking to haggle price. He'll either think you are trying to do him in or that you don't have the money (not a serious buyer).

He just called, and wants 450. not happily but says hell take 450. That doesn't sound too bad. I wonder if i can convince him to sell only the md and he can sell the coil to someone else. and take 400 is that a better deal. or go with both.

50 bucks for the extra coil isn't bad and 450 for a MXT?!? You kidding? In the words of Jim Kramer...buy! buy! buy!

Or better yet give me his number and I'll buy.

What'd I tell ya

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=30438

You must have a rabbit's foot in your pocket kid. Don't let it slip away. (If you have the money to spend on it*responsibly*)

If you can't afford $450 then I'd save up my money. I don't want you spending money you can't afford to lose.

If you bid low for personal reasons then maybe you should pass on the deal. No shame in being poor. I probably shouldn't have said that earlier. You just got to be responsible specially in todays economy.

On the other hand if you are all set with that much disposable income with all the green lights then go for it cause that's a great price for a MXT.

P.S. If you decide to go get it. Walk around his yard with it and make sure everything runs well and it has all the bells and whistles functioning. Your normal test drive stuff.

Ill have to talk it over with my wife but i hope shes cool with it. The problem is that if this cost me 450 then it really cost 900 cause she is gonna want something that cost the same. lol. i asked him to send the info on the other coil and see if its the 950. If all is good I will definately take the advice and test run in his lawn. Thanks for all the help.

Ill have to talk it over with my wife but i hope shes cool with it. The problem is that if this cost me 450 then it really cost 900 cause she is gonna want something that cost the same. lol. i asked him to send the info on the other coil and see if its the 950. If all is good I will definately take the advice and test run in his lawn. Thanks for all the help.

Your going to have to find allot of ladies gold with that thing.
Once she has a ring on each finger she will forgive you.;)

I've read this post several times. First the 6 ft thing is goofy. Then there is the 15" coil. Who is making a 15" coil for the MXT? $450 for an MXT is a good price, but you see many for that price. Good price yes, but if it was an exceptional price it would be gone already.

The $450 is in the range for a used MXT, if he knows that why doesn't he know it can't hit 6 FT deep targets? There are questions to get answered.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom