Best Beach detector

hawgdawg

Forum Supporter
Ok , here's the deal . I'm going to be building a house at a beach , and will be there 3 to 5 days about every 2 weeks or so . While I'm there , guess what I'm going to do ,, :lol: ,,. I'm looking at getting a waterproof detector , I don't see myself going in the water , as it will be wintertime , but if things go well it may open up more opportunities in the area . So I'm looking for a good waterproof beach machine . I'd like one pretty simple to use , as I'm a pretty low tech guy . So if ya'll can let me know what you use and why you like it , I would appreciate it . I've got about a month before I start spending time down there . Would appreciate hearing from a few sponsers as well . Thank s all for info .

My choices are

Surf PI
Excalibur
Beach Hunter
CZ
Sand Shark

I have the Surf PI, will get an Excal next and the others... shouldn't need them but may get the SS as a PI back-up

Get a GOOD scoop too, don't cheap out there.

Whites DFX Just not in the water too deep since it isn't waterproof. But neither is a sovereign series. CZ21 and BHID series are both simple 3 tones. Excalibur and Sov gt multi tones. Sov gt you can put in a waterproof box later. Wouldn't recommend an ATpro. I hunt behind tons of them at the beach. Lots of what I post was going behind them with my beach machines. Results vary. Just pick out the multi frequency detectors and watch youtube vids of the ones you like the options. CTX, DFX, Excalibur, CZ21, Sovereign gt, Beach hunter ID, various pulse induction, etc.

If I lived on the beach I wouldn't be trying to sell my Excalibur II. I would have gotten all the accessories for it too... let us know what you decide to go with and post your finds! HH

I favor my CZ (simple 3 tones with discrimination) over my Dual field ( deeper penetration
but no discrimination ) both always hip or chest mounted. Go to the manufacturers web sites and down load their manuals and read to get an idea how they operate. Try to borrow or rent a machine to test before you buy. GL

I would have to go with an Excalibur II

I hate the fact I am going to be forced to sale mine due to back issues because its a monster in wet sand.

If I wasn't going in the water I would go with the Sovereign GT... its deep, you can change coils or headphones where as some of the others mentioned are hardwired... its built like a tank where as its little sister the Excal has to be treated with kids gloves :lol:

Any of the detectors mentioned will work fine but personally I would go with the GT. but if you don't I won't mind either :yes: Add a SEF 10x12 coil :)

I like the Fisher cz21 8 inch coil for the water. If you plan on staying in the sand I like the cz21 with the 10 inch coil. What can I say i like my Fishers :lol:
Oh yeah if you stay in sand you may want to get the harness and hip mount it.

Thanks to all for your recommendations . Well I found a great deal on an Etrac from a sponser on here . I know its not waterproof , the coil is tho . If this turns into a longer project that extends into the summer months , I will look into a totally submersible machine . This Etrac is supposed to be here today . Just in time , because I'm leaving this afternoon for the beach for a few days to get things started for this job . Hopefully it will get here before I leave so I may hit the beach with it if the weather is permitting . Wish me luck .

I own a CTX and love it. but for not going in the water and for simpler to use I would choose the Sov GT. Remember once you get hooked at the beach you may find yourself wanting to wade the surf. Then you'll want another machine. Something to think about.:?:

Back
Top Bottom