Tesoro Outlaw?

HunterofTabs

Im fairly new to metal detecting but I have been using my Ace 250 for the entire year. I am ready for something better I love my Ace but I need an upgrade. Would the Tesoro Outlaw be a good upgrade and does anybody that has one like it.

Well wish i could chime in..mine arrived new yesterday and my toggle switch on my control box was busted off so off to Tesoro it goes for repairs. Talked to vince the owner of Tesoro i guess and he was wonderful to deal with. My exp with my other Tesoro units has be nothing but outstanding.

You have to figure out if you just want a beep machine over a TID machine. Once you figure that out then I think you will be happy whatever you decide to get.

Yes in my opinion the Outlaw is an upgrade over the Ace. I was fortunate to have the good people at Tesoro send me an Outlaw to field test for them a number of months ago. The Outlaw is a single tone detector, it has a nice mellow sound, it has adjustable ground balance that the Ace doesn't have, also has an adjustable threshold, will hit on lower conductors/jewelry better, and it comes with three nice coils, and a lifetime warranty.

Im fairly new to metal detecting but I have been using my Ace 250 for the entire year. I am ready for something better I love my Ace but I need an upgrade. Would the Tesoro Outlaw be a good upgrade and does anybody that has one like it.
Definitely an upgrade...:yes:

Well wish i could chime in..mine arrived new yesterday and my toggle switch on my control box was busted off so off to Tesoro it goes for repairs. Talked to vince the owner of Tesoro i guess and he was wonderful to deal with. My exp with my other Tesoro units has be nothing but outstanding.

You have to figure out if you just want a beep machine over a TID machine. Once you figure that out then I think you will be happy whatever you decide to get.
Bummer about the switch:(

Yes in my opinion the Outlaw is an upgrade over the Ace. I was fortunate to have the good people at Tesoro send me an Outlaw to field test for them a number of months ago. The Outlaw is a single tone detector, it has a nice mellow sound, it has adjustable ground balance that the Ace doesn't have, also has an adjustable threshold, will hit on lower conductors/jewelry better, and it comes with three nice coils, and a lifetime warranty.
Only downfall it doesn't come in yellow:laughing:

So basically I was doing some research on the machine and it really seems like a
Higher end ace then a true upgrade would the Cortes be a better purchase then the outlaw.......... Does anyone here swing a Tesoro

Yes, Cibola - Lobo Super Traq - Sand Shark

So basically I was doing some research on the machine and it really seems like a
Higher end ace then a true upgrade would the Cortes be a better purchase then the outlaw.......... Does anyone here swing a Tesoro

Why mess around? Just get a Tesoro Lobo Super Traq and start kicking some serious booty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzhxmOpFOM0

Well wish i could chime in..mine arrived new yesterday and my toggle switch on my control box was busted off so off to Tesoro it goes for repairs.

Bummer!! You just can't get a break with buying brand new machines that need to get sent back!! :p

i swing a tesoro vaquero, very similar machine. It is deffinitly an upgrade from an ace 250 in my opinion. It is only a beep and dig with no screens etc, but the depth i can pick targets at is exceptional, and the discrimination is really accurate. my .2 cents

How does one go about field testing a companies detectors because that would be awesome to do

Take some time and read up on a tesoro DeLeon this is a machine you dont hear much about and im glad, for coin hunting you cant beat it, its a silver hunting fool. hh otis

I have 2 Tesoros including a Vaq.

Have no idea how you could think the Outlaw could be a "higher end Ace".
These 2 detectors are not even in the same class.
The Cibola, Vaq, Outlaw or anything above those would definitely be an upgrade.

Tesoro Outlaw

Well it seems that i am posting this about 4 years too late.
I hope you tried the Outlaw. I am going to soon.

I have been swinging a Tiger Shark for about 14 years now and its only had to go back once for repair. Turns out the coil epoxy had broken up inside and the coil was miss tuned and would only pick up on beer cans or larger. They sent it back repaired and retuned.I use the Tiger Shark for land hunting as well as beach and have dug coins and jewelry about as good as any machine Ive owned. My first real detector was a Tesoro Mayan VLF/TR with a needle depth meter. I believe the Outlaw will be a big improvement. Can't wait to get one myself.

Back
Top Bottom