Which one?

miss ellie

Hi all, I would like some advise on buying a 1st time MD and a price range..I am very excited about the hobby, as my son in law just purchased one which I know nothing about,except it cost about 300. Are the ones which show the picture of what you have found any better than the ones which just show a range? Thanks for your help..Miss Ellie

The ACE 250 seems to be the best quality/most popular starting detector for cheap from what I can tell. I don't personally own one, but I know many people here do and like it (for an entry level machine).

I agree with Okie on the Ace250. Also , you need to get in mind a price range for yourself and ask what kind of detecting that you want to do such as coin hunting etc. Some detectorists like the visual ID , some do not. I think for beginners its a nice feature to help you learn a bit better what your detector is telling you. If you need any more help please let me know and I'll be glad to do what I can for you. :yes:

Thanks to all for the info and the quick responses...I will definately consider the Ace...Miss Ellie

Radio Shack has the Discovery 3300. I was in there yesterday and saw it was on sale for $99.97. It is lite and very accurate at pinpointing. It has a lot of bells and whistles for the money.

If you can get the BH 3300 for the $100 I've seen others getting them for you probably will not find a better detector for the money. If you're like me our local Radio Shack hasn't even heard of the discount. In that case I'd look at the Garrett ACE 250

Only the company owned stores were offering the BH 3300 at the sale price. The franchise stores would not.
[Here in Illinois anyway]

There has been a few on ebay going for reasonable prices. I would be cautious on the "used" 3300's though.

Our RS is private owned and they won't honor the RS pricing on the 3300.

Back
Top Bottom