• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

New purchase on med-priced MD

brooktrout

Brand new to forum, & metal detecting!
I've been looking at some MD on different sites, my price range is max 300$, since I'm new to this I am a little confused on what to buy(brand name, futures, performance ect...) I thought that maybe some expert users could give me some advice on the matter.
The ones I was looking at were....

Garrett ACE250
Titan 2000
Sharp shooter II
Sharp shooter ultra mag

I can't recall all the ones I've looked, but these seem to be the most publicized.

I would really appreciate some help.
Thanks in advance!

Go with the Ace250 if that is your price range. It's the best starter detector going. If you could bump up a bit get the Cibola from Tesoro at 340.00. Well worth the price in performance. If you nedd anything else please let me know. :yes:

Thanks for the info,
What makes the cibola better than the other ones? Is it just a better product all around?
I noticed it as a life time warranty, witch is probably a good sign. I've noticed that the cibola doesn't have a LCD screen and some other futures that others have.
I know that $300 is not very much, but I just want to buy the best product for that range.

The circuitry in the Cibola is designed to go deeper than the Ace250. It also does not have to function a meter and thus can focus more on the task at hand ; going deeper to find generally older targets.
The lifetime warranty is good but only for the original owner.It is a small plus. The Circuitry also allows for the detector to be used in more palces than other detectors in the range just below it. :yes:

I appreciate the info, I will consider cibola for sure.
I need to find out what are the most important primary functions of a MD, if it's depth, kinds of soils, pinpoint ect... I rather have one that is maybe a little harder to read, but does a better job in finding things. I live in Utah, land here is very dry, I don't know if that makes a difference or not in certain MD.

With a 300.00 budget you are limiting your choices to those detectors in the lower end . Performance is not as good and control is not there for the operator. Most detectors have primary functions already. Even the low end ones. If you want more performance you'll have to up your budget.

Seek local knowledge from a reputable dealer near you. Ground conditions (type and amount of mineralization) will dictate what works best in your area especially in that price range. The Cibola maybe a good pick, but since you seem to be more interested in target ID you may have to up your budget a bit.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom