Need some help, who has Equinox and half cent

Ohiodigger

Elite Member
So tonight I found what I think is a smooth half cent, it’s copper and the same size, if so it would be by far my oldest coin, it rang up a solid 18 on my Nox, but where I found it makes no sense.....I found it at My buddies 1895 house, the neighborhood is mostly late 1800s to early 1900s, almost 50 years after the end of half cents....anyway if anyone has a half cent and an Equinox could you please air test it and tell me the vdi on it. I’ll post pictures tomorrow, I thought it was a clad quarter when I first saw it but those ring up at 30 on the Nox and I have never saw a smooth clad quarter. It is definitely a coin though....

I have an 1809 US classic head 1/2 cent I dug at an 1850 house. AND a British farthing 18 something that is very close in size. and both rang up 23 to 24.

I have an 1809 US classic head 1/2 cent I dug at an 1850 house. AND a British farthing 18 something that is very close in size. and both rang up 23 to 24.

Thank you very much!!! 23 24 is a bit higher than this rang up.....just makes me wonder what it is......

Thank you very much!!! 23 24 is a bit higher than this rang up.....just makes me wonder what it is......

Depending on just how worn it was it might have rang lower just due to being thinner than the one budaf250 has?

I air tested it and now it rings up 20 21 on the Nox..... I’m thinking it is a half cent

Back
Top Bottom