Equinox 800: First impressions. OK, I'm impressed!

Good Job Rattlehead, thanks for the update. Keep us posted.
Thanks jerr-man. :cheers:

Beautiful find.
Congrats.
Nice reporting too.
Thanks TN. I have a lot to learn with this new detector but from what I've seen so far your test results have been spot on.

Nice write up Rattlehead , and nice find on the Barber quater
Thanks adirondak5!

Congrats, that Barber is sweet-lots of detail on her. Enjoyed the write up as well. HH Mark
Thanks Mark. :cheers:

I'm looking forward to hearing your review after you've got some time on the machine.
I'm trying to get in a little time with the detector every day. Still have a lot to learn but I'll definitely give an honest review when the time comes.

+1 Me too, Great write up Rattlehead, keep em coming!
Congrats on the Barber as well!
Thanks Ron! :cheers:

Sweet!! Nice christening of the Nox... Congrats..
Thanks!

I just received my Equinox 800 from Antique Detectors here on the forum. We are still snowed in but first thing I am hitting an old amusement park that I and my hunting buddy have hit very heavy over the past 4 years. If I pull any silver from there this machine will have prove itself.
Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Nice hunt and info Thanks! The Nox does seem to shine in trashy iron areas.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thanks Ben!

Don't you know that you're not supposed to say anything good about the Nox?
lol! Thats what I've been hearing.

Beautiful Barber. Congrats on it and your new heater. Hope it compliments your other machines and does well for you.
Thanks Scuba! I think this machine is going to compliment the CTX nicely.

Congrats on the new Nox and beautiful silver coin! My first Equinox hunt will be tomorrow. Should be interesting. :yes:
Thanks! Good luck with yours! Let us know how you like it.

Impressive and awesome. Congratulations!
Thanks!

Thanks for the initial impression!
Oh, by the way, Beuatiful Barber!
Thanks matmit!

Nice write up and excellent result. Beautiful coin.
Thanks! :cheers:

That is one heck of a quarter! Makes me even more anxious to get a Nox and get out there with it!
Thanks! Good luck with yours!

:D all i need to say! Thanks for going to that spot! Gut feeling is you will pull more out.
Thanks Trashfinder! I have that same gut feeling. :)

Awesome coin and nice writeup!
Thanks NC!

Congrats on the pretty Barber with the new machine!
Thanks Waveoff!

Great coin. Congrats.....:yes: (Also, thanks for the report from the dirt side of things. After some more reviews and feedback, I may order one myself. I love beach hunting, but have permission's at a lot of very old home sites. I have 10 acres, and my house was built in 1840. I have hunted the heck out of my property, and have dug Gold and Silver here. If this machine proves to be deeper than my MXT, with more stable ID, it will in fact be a game changer. Thanks again.....:yes:)

If interested in purchasing, contact a sponser as most will sell one at a lower price than the MSRP

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Great write-up bud. I can't wait until I get mine.

Thanks WD! I think you’ll like it. It won’t replace my CTX but it compliments it nicely. Damn thing is lightning fast too.

Great coin. Congrats.....:yes: (Also, thanks for the report from the dirt side of things. After some more reviews and feedback, I may order one myself. I love beach hunting, but have permission's at a lot of very old home sites. I have 10 acres, and my house was built in 1840. I have hunted the heck out of my property, and have dug Gold and Silver here. If this machine proves to be deeper than my MXT, with more stable ID, it will in fact be a game changer. Thanks again.....:yes:)

Thanks Curt. From what I’ve seen so far I don’t think the Nox’s TID is as stable as the FBS detectors, but its definitely more stable than machines like the Deus & ATPro IMHO. The really cool thing to me is that iron doesn’t seem to drag down the tones and ID of good targets as much as the other detectors I’ve used. If you wanted to cherry pick silver from a site that’s loaded with nails and other iron, you could just set it up so that the tones for 23 and up are the highest pitch with everything else set at the lowest tone. From what I’ve seen in my test garden, it really makes those semi masked high conductors jump out at you. The Nox is fast enough to report those difficult targets without needing to swing at a snail’s pace too. It seems to work best with a fairly brisk sweep speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Do you find anything BUT Barber coins DeWayne?:lol: That entire STATE must be running short on Barbers,or its tilting to your side due to the weight of the silver in your house!:grin:
From what I’ve seen and read(from the sensible objective reviews which seem to be in short supply) it looks like it could be a nice ADDITION to my arsenal,while others may/have switched to it as a primary machine for various reasons. “Weight” is not a primary concern for a stud muffin such as myself,but proper ID in trash/iron is. It’s good to know that you are seeing that and please keep this updated or post new as you see more...

How is the detector been working out?

It’s been working great! You can check out my full review here:
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=259041

Do you find anything BUT Barber coins DeWayne?:lol: That entire STATE must be running short on Barbers,or its tilting to your side due to the weight of the silver in your house!:grin:

From what I’ve seen and read(from the sensible objective reviews which seem to be in short supply) it looks like it could be a nice ADDITION to my arsenal,while others may/have switched to it as a primary machine for various reasons. “Weight” is not a primary concern for a stud muffin such as myself,but proper ID in trash/iron is. It’s good to know that you are seeing that and please keep this updated or post new as you see more...

Haha, I’m actually getting tired of Barbers. I’m ready for some more seated ladies! :D

I think a Nox would be a good addition to anyone’s arsenal who hunts really trashy iron infested spots. CTX and Nox is an awesome combo IMHO. The ID on the Nox isn’t accurate in the same way as FBS, but it’s lightning fast and the ID tends to stay in the proper “zone” for the target. It may jump around a bit but is able to ID good targets mixed with iron without having the non ferrous drag down the ID and tone too much. This is something that machines like the Deus struggle with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom