AT PRO thinking about buying an XP Deus.

Chief Q

Just real quick. I know everyone is busy and I have looked for threads on this but couldnt find it scrolling.

I have an AT Pro. I love it it was an upgrade from my Ace 250. however, I am itching to upgrade again. My question is...should I upgrade to the XP Deus or stay with the AT Pro? I understand the performance of each but is it a big enough difference to fork out 2000.00 dollars for an XP Deus. I think they are cheaper but I dont understand the whole package thing. so I am guessing 2000. also I am stationed in germany and a few german detectorist say for me to get the XP Goldmaxx but I am not paying European prices for it lol. Thank you for any input.

Just real quick. I know everyone is busy and I have looked for threads on this but couldnt find it scrolling.

I have an AT Pro. I love it it was an upgrade from my Ace 250. however, I am itching to upgrade again. My question is...should I upgrade to the XP Deus or stay with the AT Pro? I understand the performance of each but is it a big enough difference to fork out 2000.00 dollars for an XP Deus. I think they are cheaper but I dont understand the whole package thing. so I am guessing 2000. also I am stationed in germany and a few german detectorist say for me to get the XP Goldmaxx but I am not paying European prices for it lol. Thank you for any input.

Depends what you like and your hunting style, you can find new F75 LTD-2's for around $1,000 which are great for relic hunting, you can find new White's V3i's for around $1200, they are great for all types of hunting, and you can find E-tracs for around $1100, they are great for deep silver. I own an F75, a V3i, and am hoping to get an E-trac soon. I hear the Deus are good, but I like my F75 and V3i, and feel an E-trac would be a better fit for my additional detecting needs. Obviously the higher end detectors will perform better in most situations, if you have the money then I'd say go for it, whichever model you choose.

The Deus does things with iron separation that no other detector on the market can do. The Fors Core comes real close with the small coil, and the F75 with the small coil. But the Deus does it with a 9 inch coil. And the rumor is there will be a small coil available some day. But now that I said that I will tell you that the AT Pro is no slouch in the iron. It does very well. Especially with the small coil.

People that use a Deus use it for mainly two reasons. Target separation and the weight of the detector. If you hunt old sites with loads of iron the Deus will find you more targets. If you are looking for more depth I'll give that a maybe. It depends on how hot you want to run the Deus and remain stable.

There is no magic detector out there. The best thing you can do is know your detector when it speaks.So is the upgrade worth it? Like I said. It depends if you are hunting iron infestation and how much you hunt. It is a fun detector. I go into the iron pits as I call them and I am very confident that I will find targets others have missed. Am I racking up hundreds or thousands of dollars with these finds? No not at all. But I feel confident that the next guy behind me isn't going to either.

And call a sponsor here. That price you mentioned is way high. No matter what you decide I hope you continue in the hobby and find the good stuff.

By the way my main detector for dirt hunting is a Deus. My backup is a Deus.

The Deus is superb at field hunting and has been a big hit in Europe for some time now due to that very reason. It's not the greatest at target id but makes up for it with superior target separation, light weight, free upgrades, and being wireless. You shouldn't have to pay any where near list price for one, especially being so close to the mfg. Like others have said, in iron, the Deus has better separation with it's 9" coil what other detectors have with their shooter coils. If you want more depth and better id, go with the F75LTD2. Best of luck in deciding!

Thank you everyone for your replies! I love my AT Pro and I believe I have it figured out.....which if my stats stand correct, I may be wrong on figuring it out lol. But the AT Pro hasnt let me down. 20 silvers on it in the last year (All Old German coins from the 1700s-late 1800s). But I am afraid I am missing targets due to the proximity of iron to a good target. Germany is littered with iron from farmers all the way back to the Bronze age. So I guess yes, separation is my main reason for upgrade. and it sounds nice to swing a feather around and find targets. in Europe all the prices are in Euros so 1590 euros is the cost of the WS4+remote+detector, which is 1975$. It is believed it is always cheaper next to the MFG but the issue is the strength of the euro. so bummer there. I think I am going to buy the XP Deus but need to watch some videos. BBH has offered a really good price but want to make sure about the package. Once again Thank you everyone.

How are you running your Pro? Unless your running Pro zero with zero iron disc your not getting the full potential of the machine. That and a smaller coil can do wonders in iron.

I have an AT pro and have had it for several years. I currently have an XP Deus in the mail on the way to me now. I say look at the videos and choose for yourself. Also id you pay more than around 1400-1500 new right now then you paid too much. I just got a hell of a deal on mine.

I upgraded from the AT Pro to the Deus this year also. All I can say is wow. You can try all those other machines like the f75s and V3is and etracs but you will wonder about the Deus still. With the Deus I dont wonder about them. It is so programable and light weight and the transition fromt he Pro was easier than expected. If you want to get a good feel for it go to youtube and watch Niagaracountys videos and you will see what I am talking about. Expect to pay around 2k for the entire package cause once you get it you need the case, different accessories etc.

How are you running your Pro? Unless your running Pro zero with zero iron disc your not getting the full potential of the machine. That and a smaller coil can do wonders in iron.

I run Pro Zero with open disc. and the small coil.

I upgraded from the AT Pro to the Deus this year also. All I can say is wow. You can try all those other machines like the f75s and V3is and etracs but you will wonder about the Deus still. With the Deus I dont wonder about them. It is so programable and light weight and the transition fromt he Pro was easier than expected. If you want to get a good feel for it go to youtube and watch Niagaracountys videos and you will see what I am talking about. Expect to pay around 2k for the entire package cause once you get it you need the case, different accessories etc.

Thank you for ther input. yeah BBH offered me a deal on one but just verifying i am not getting the wrong detector....i.e. the wife wants to make sure i cant get a cheaper one that is just as good.......the Etrac. lol

Back
Top Bottom