Yes OR NO??? Ready to pull trigger

ace wont be a good detector in wet salt sand or water. youll need a multi frequency machine for that.

Besides the poor performance of the 250 in wet salt water sand, you should be looking at buying from a forum sponsor... I suggest calling Quality Metal Detectors, Jeff will help you with what you need.

It won't be good for beach hunting, salt beaches anyway. Not only is it a single frequency detector, but it offers no ground balance. Also that price is very high, I would bet that most dealers on here could beat it by $100 or so. Message the dealers on here, see who can give you the best deal, they are all good guys, and trustworthy, and I can guarantee that you will save a bundle of money, and have it much quicker. Like others have said, I would suggest you find something better for sale beaches, or at least something with ground balance. In the $400 range you can start finding some nice detectors with ground balance like the Fisher F4, however you probably won't find any multi-frequency machines.

I would say no. Detecting salt water beaches are tough enough for detectors not made for it , then add in the fact that the ace is a fairly limited detector in any environment. Though any detector is better than none I think you would be disappointed with that decision. At the very least , something like an at pro can be used in salt with probably better performance than the ace , though still not ideal. If you are going to get a single frequency VLF detector ( not made for salt ) you would be better off moving into the mid range detector choices atleast , so that you have a little more control over the settings.

holy !!!! batman. i hadnt even clicked on it just saw the link said ace 250. no way i would drop nearly $400 bones on an ace 250. for that money you could buy a good used machine or even a eurotek pro and a good sand scoop. not much out there in that price range will work in the wet salt sand.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/garrett-ace-250-metal-detector-treasure-hunter-pack-by-garrett/1309974221.p?id=mp1309974221&skuId=1309974221

Live in Hawaii and moving to Florida...

Most time will be spent on beaches both dry and wet sand

May do some detecting in some old parks maybe...

Wait till you get to Florida and go see Phil Myers, or call him on the phone.. he is a forum sponsor, has great prices, knows Florida and will get you hooked up with the best machine for the money..
http://www.myersdepot.com/

I second getting in touch with Phil. He not only gives great deals but is a wealth of knowledge and just a great guy to shoot the bull with.

Yeah, I got an awesome deal on a V3i from Phil last Christmas, and he knows Fl area detecting very well. Do not buy that 250 for $400 on that site, that's an insane price for one, I don't even think full retail is that high?

Back
Top Bottom