1925 Silver Peace Dollar

pine3874

Elite Member
I bought a Tesoro Silver Sabre µMAX last week and took it out today with my hunting buddy to try it out. We found a 1940's house site and began hunting the front yard. We found lots of clad and my buddy found a few wheat cents. I decided to go hunt the back yard and to my delight I found my first silver dollar about 5"-6" deep. What was really amazing was that next to the silver dollar in the hole was a huge rusted nail. On the reverse of the silver dollar the rust can still be seen. What I also find crazy is that I found my first silver dollar with a Silver Sabre!

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 361
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 354
  • p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 365
  • p4.jpg
    p4.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 363
  • p5.jpg
    p5.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 359
  • p6.jpg
    p6.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 364
Last edited:
Wanna sell that silver sabre....smiles.

The back is not bad at all. I'm jealous....mine first and only silver dollar was the Eisenhower.

Big Congrats...

HDD

Huge congrats on the huge silver, Pine!! My one and only silver dollar find was also a Peace Dollar….yours is in far better shape than mine, which was a fire victim. Awesome that your machine gave a good alert on it with the iron right next to it, and more importantly, good on you for still recognizing it as a diggable signal!! Well done!

Excellent and Rare find, congratulations on recovering a wonderful Big Silver!
Thank you
welcome to the exclusive & elite "silver dollar club".
Thank you
Wanna sell that silver sabre....smiles.

The back is not bad at all. I'm jealous....mine first and only silver dollar was the Eisenhower.

Big Congrats...

HDD
Thank you
Big congrats on the Jumbo silver! It's a beauty too.
Thank you
Huge congrats on the huge silver, Pine!! My one and only silver dollar find was also a Peace Dollar….yours is in far better shape than mine, which was a fire victim. Awesome that your machine gave a good alert on it with the iron right next to it, and more importantly, good on you for still recognizing it as a diggable signal!! Well done!
Thank you
One heck of a find, congrats on your first silver dollar, and a nice one to boot. Good luck. Mark
Thank you
Welcome to the club! I got a peace dollar a few years back to get in as well. Congrats!

Thank you

That's a beautiful coin, congratulations! Still looking for my first silver dollar, and my last silver half was 40 years ago!

Congrats on the nice recovery! I'm still waiting for acceptance to the club myself.
Thank you. Patience and luck!
Wow,that's a hunk of silver for sure. Congrats on making the club, few make it
Thank you
That's a beautiful coin, congratulations! Still looking for my first silver dollar, and my last silver half was 40 years ago!
Thank you. Patience and luck!
Awesome find!
Thank you

Man!!!! That’s a splendid find Sandy! Am I jealous? not as much as I am happy for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's one big honker! That had to get your heat beating and your buddy jealous! Biggest i've found was a silver walking liberty half dollar in a private church playground (it's in a small town though, so it's more like a public playground as all the kids play there).

Back
Top Bottom