Nice surprise at a modern ball field

Steve77

Elite Member
I took the Nox to a 1930s - present school and a modern ball field last night. I went over an area that I had detected before with the ATpro and found no good targets.

I went out in the ball field and found a couple bucks in coins, one wheat cent and a V nickel. I didn't expect that old of a coin in that ballfield so that was a nice little bonus! I only find one or two of these old nickels a year. Definitely got quite a few nickels compared to other coins, but I was mostly cherry picking the field and ignoring pennies, especially near the old concession stand. I will go back later when I have more time and clean out the clad.

The ring is kinda strange in that it came out shiny like silver, but I doubt that it is silver, or gold. It has a inset band of acrylic or some other plastic set into the band with some stars in it. It is stamped "8" on the inside of the band, presumably the size. I can't remember what it rang up at. I also found an old brass four leaf clover charm that still had some of the original green paint on it.

u17Of7t.jpg

Npo2hgQ.jpg

Nice finds

Ring looks like a “mood” ring.

Congrats on the old coins!

Nice finds. I'm still learning the Nox, but so far I am impressed. :yes:

Nice haul .

You did great, especially with the V nickel recovery...congrats!

Thanks everyone! I'm probably happier about the V nickel than I am about silver mercs, rosies or washingtons.

Good score on the V. Keep going back, Im sure theres some more oldies there. My nox is being shipped on the 20th.

Great looking old V !
I have found maybe a dozen of those old mood rings .
I remember they changed colors depending on the mood of the person wearing it .
But when found they all seem to be the same color as yours .
They do not respond after being in the ground so long . 🤔
After lost they just get so depressed they just die I think .

Good luck at that older location. Look over that field when you pull up and go for the low spots . Gotta figure out where they moved some dirt over the years.
,Dew

Nice! I’ve found oldies in newer ball fields in the past, V-nicks, 2-cent pieces, silver and wheats. I assume they came in with fill dirt.

Good score on the V. Keep going back, Im sure theres some more oldies there. My nox is being shipped on the 20th.

Great looking old V !
I have found maybe a dozen of those old mood rings .
I remember they changed colors depending on the mood of the person wearing it .
But when found they all seem to be the same color as yours .
They do not respond after being in the ground so long . 🤔
After lost they just get so depressed they just die I think .

Good luck at that older location. Look over that field when you pull up and go for the low spots . Gotta figure out where they moved some dirt over the years.
,Dew

Nice! I’ve found oldies in newer ball fields in the past, V-nicks, 2-cent pieces, silver and wheats. I assume they came in with fill dirt.

Thanks everyone! I will definitely go back. If I found a 2 cent piece, I'd be on cloud nine for the season. Same for a trime, large cent, half dime, fatty indian etc..

Back
Top Bottom