What solutions do you put in your tumbler

shedigz

Elite Member
I was going to use a few rocks salt and vinegar. I have a cheapo toy tumbler that I got for Christmas. Is there anything that works better.

After tumbling I was going to rinse my coins with CLR to make sure they dont change coolrs again after they dry.

Dish detergent works well. I use whatever I have but Dawn seems to work well. I also have SS pins to tumble with. I have this set up to clean bullet casings for reloading. Its something I had and it works GREAT!! But it is pricey and I probably wouldn't go out and get it just to tumble clad coins! Many on here use Aquarium gravel water and dish detergent?

Couple of drops of dish soap and some aquarium gravel, I put equal amount of coins to gravel and then top up with warm water till it covers the gravel....you don't top off the drum, you need room for the foam...tumble for about 1 1/2 hours then clean out and sort out your best coins and then add some more coins back to the one cup full and do it all again...ive had one coin turned down out of over $200 of clad..so its good

Couple of drops of dish soap and some aquarium gravel, I put equal amount of coins to gravel and then top up with warm water till it covers the gravel....you don't top off the drum, you need room for the foam...tumble for about 1 1/2 hours then clean out and sort out your best coins and then add some more coins back to the one cup full and do it all again...ive had one coin turned down out of over $200 of clad..so its good

Same for me, but I also add about 1 Tbsp. of lemon juice, and use free beach rock. I tumble for 24 hours. Rinse the coins, let dry on a towel, and they are good to go. BTW. Don't overload the drum. It will save stress on your tumbler.

Aquarium Gravel, a few drops of dish soap and water. I run my coins for a hour a so, then rinse the coins and all and start again. Often I tumble over night. For faster cleaning I add vinegar, but do not tumble zinc coins in vinegar.

Simple solutions!!

I use just a couple drops of any type of dish or laundry soup and a couple hand fulls of plain old sand box sand and some water and I get very little copper transfer or staining , most of my coins look horrible out of the ground. it works just fine whats with all the juices and cleaners ?

Back
Top Bottom