Tried Out My New Search Coil Today

beephead

Elite Member
I went back to detect the most recent site that I've detected and I didn't find much, so I hit some more curb strips and another yard. It's going to take me awhile to figure all the NEW ID numbers on the Deus HF search coil. At 28kHz, it loves nickels. I found 11 Jefferson nickels and one was them was a 1943 War nickel. I also managed to find a 1940 Mercury dime, 2 wheat pennies and a 1940 British One Penny. It's been raining here for a few days, so I had to go today even though the ground was a little muddy because the rain is coming back again tomorrow.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_2175.jpg
    IMG_2175.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_2176.jpg
    IMG_2176.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_2177.jpg
    IMG_2177.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_2178.jpg
    IMG_2178.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_2179.jpg
    IMG_2179.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_2180.jpg
    IMG_2180.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_2182.jpg
    IMG_2182.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 219
Nice finds! Is that a knee pad in the photos? I had been thinking of taking one with me but found that too many things dangling off the belt or carried in the hands it becomes a little bit cumbersome for me.. need me a better ut belt..

nice way to break that coil in beep.. Congrats
Thanks! It was a little confusing today, I'm on a learning curve. Each of the 3 frequencies have different target ID numbers. Compound that with me just getting another new detector to learn. When in doubt I just dig!lol

Nice job!
Thanks! I was beginning think that I wasn't going to find any silver coins today.

Nice finds! Is that a knee pad in the photos? I had been thinking of taking one with me but found that too many things dangling off the belt or carried in the hands it becomes a little bit cumbersome for me.. need me a better ut belt..
Thanks! The pad is roughly 6 x 10 inches and is made out of dense close cell foam. It's as light as a feather. I carry it, my ProPointer, and digger in my left hand. I'm ready for action!

Nice finds! My last 2 mercs have been 1940s.
Thanks! Digging Mercs never gets old. I

beephead

Nice finds there beep, Ive been kickin around the idea of getting the 9" HF.

It seems to have real advantages the LF coils dont have.

Nice finds there beep, Ive been kickin around the idea of getting the 9" HF.

It seems to have real advantages the LF coils dont have.
Thanks! I haven't been disappointed so far with the HF coil, but its like starting all over again having to learn the ID numbers.

Nice scores, that coil should be hot on the gold good luck with it!
Thanks! You're right about that! The way it hits nickels it should also do great on gold rings.

It's raining today and I'm homebound! The ground is totally saturated and it's still coming down. I won't be going detecting tomorrow even if it stops raining.

beephead

Great start with your new coil for sure. UPS has my new HF Elliptical on the truck for delivery today - can't wait.... I think the first thing I will do is some tests and make a chart of the different numbers for different coins for each of the frequencies that I can carry with me.

Great start with your new coil for sure. UPS has my new HF Elliptical on the truck for delivery today - can't wait.... I think the first thing I will do is some tests and make a chart of the different numbers for different coins for each of the frequencies that I can carry with me.
Thanks! I just finished my chart. lol I can't keep all that in my head.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom