Scoop it up

LIBear

Forum Supporter
I was at the beach the other day detecting and saw a guy in the distance with an aluminum scoop but what caught my eye was that the scoop was huge. I searched the net and I don't see anyone who sells anything close to what I saw. The scoop looked to be about 12 inches deep with an opening of 8-10 inches wide. I tried to get over to the guy to ask him but as I got closer he kept moving away,so I figured i would look it up or check here.Any help with this would be appreciated as I would love to get one. Thanks and HH

Do the NY beaches have sand fleas? If I saw a large scoop like you describe on a NC beach the first thing I'd think of is a sand flea rake/scoop. Good bait.

Could it have been the Stealth 920i-X ?

img1.jpg

rear_920ixa.jpg

http://www.stealthscoop.com/920iX.html

:?:

Biggest scoop I ever saw at the beach was home made. It kind of looked like the bottom half of a large propane tank with holes drilled in it. :laughing:

It could have been the Stealth 920. I have one and it's a monster.
Great scoop.

Rtg

<°)))>{

^ I believe you saw this one. And I think it weighs a whopping 9 lbs ! I've seen a few old timers use this out here. But they don't walk far . Maybe 100 yards max. You would not want to carry that for 8 hrs , digging 400 targets , over 2 miles. Unless you were of course "Hercules".

^ I believe you saw this one. And I think it weighs a whopping 9 lbs ! I've seen a few old timers use this out here. But they don't walk far . Maybe 100 yards max. You would not want to carry that for 8 hrs , digging 400 targets , over 2 miles. Unless you were of course "Hercules".

Do you really travel this far in a hunt? I used to meander a bit but have found myself trying to be meticulous lately.

Do you really travel this far in a hunt? I used to meander a bit but have found myself trying to be meticulous lately.

Yes I do. The big majority of my hunts are 2-3 miles , zigzagging , one way. The beaches here can be very expansive. Most targets are spread out. They are not easily identifiable by "reading a beach" in the normal sense. Once a good target is found , I will go very slow and attempt to see if it turns into a "pocket". Do I miss targets ? Absolutely. But if I get into a solid pocket , I leave nothing behind. This is primarily in the summertime. I don't care for this much walking but it was born out of necessity.

Wintertime is usually different in that reading a beach is much easier with local knowledge. Knowing where the surf breaks and cuts will be are imperative. I narrow my odds down. I may walk a half mile at most. I prefer to dig concentrated , target rich areas no more than 100 yards long.

You guys are responding to a post from 4 years ago :yes:

Well... why the heck didn't you tell us before ? Oh yeah...power out. I better start paying attention to dates.

Well... why the heck didn't you tell us before ? Oh yeah...power out. I better start paying attention to dates.

You never told us you wanted to be put on the need to know list... shame on you.

Back
Top Bottom